Experience the Desert Oasis from Prepar3D Solution Developer ORBX
With one of the most dramatically scenic backdrops in the United States, Palm Springs is a resort city situated 100 miles east of Los Angeles in Southern California. In his most expansive scenery to date, acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshall (Monterey/Redding/Jackson Hole/Cairns Intl) brings us not only Palm Springs Intl, but 1500 square kilometres of hand-crafted scenery.
Explore the resort cities of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Indian Wells, Thousand Palms, Palm Desert and Desert Hot Springs, the high-altitude alpine wonderland of San Jacinto Peak, the windswept wastelands of the San Gorgonio Pass and the harsh beauty of the Coachella Valley desert. Famous during the 50’s and 60’s as the playground of Hollywood elite, Palm Springs is home to some of finest examples of mid-century Modernist architecture in the world; many examples of which can be found in this scenery.
From the vast wind turbine farms, to the impressive 6000ft Aerial Tramway, from the modern skyscrapers of the Reservation Casinos to the retro chic of City Hall, there are literally dozens of interesting landmarks and features to explore. Outside of KPSP, try your luck landing at the difficult Aerial Tramway and hospital helipads, or explore the outer regions of the scenery from Banning Municipal and Bermuda Dunes airports.
As for KPSP itself; as the largest airport in the ORBX North American library, this field is genuinely suited for all types of flyers – from the heaviest jetliners, through corporate types and even low-and-slow GA flyers, Palm Springs is the perfect destination. Served by most US and Canadian mainline airlines to destinations across North America, the airport is famous for it’s unique “outdoor terminal” – use our freeware BOB to wander around the highly-detailed terminal grounds. If that is not enough, be sure to visit the Palm Springs Aviation Museum – many types operated by the US Navy are open for viewing. Optimised for performance, a huge coverage area, beautiful runway approaches for all types of aviators and extraordinary detail around the airport, Palm Springs is your perfect base of operations for Southern California. Far more than just an airport!
Exclusive Prepar3D v2 Gallery of Palm Springs from ORBX:
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
- Enormous 1500sq km coverage area at 30cm/1m resolution
- Impeccable 10m high resolution mesh and custom vegetation autogen
- Dozens of custom landmarks
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and Hospital helicopter landing areas
- Custom animated AI helicopter and train
- Extraordinarily detailed Airport Terminal
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting techniques used for maximum realism
- Highly detailed APX to allow unique parallel runway operations
- Strongly optimized for good performance with complex aircraft types
- Designed to blend seamlessly with FTX GLOBAL in both P3D2v2 and FSX/P3Dv1.4
- The tenth ORBX product from acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshal
For more information and to purchase Palm Springs:
Visit ORBX’s home page: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/kpsp
Award-winning Prepar3D solution developer FlyTampa has recently released their latest spectacular addon, Copenhagen Kastrup International (EKCH) airport scenery. Copenhagen joins a list of widely-acclaimed addons from FlyTampa including Hong Kong, Dubai, Montreal, Athens, and of course, Tampa.
Exclusive Prepar3D v2 Gallery of Copenhagen from FlyTampa:
Features of this scenery include:
- Copenhagen Kastrup International (EKCH) airport scenery
- Detailed surrounding scenery with numerous custom buildings
- 3D Terrain including tunnels and bridges
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing and custom reflection maps
- Seasonal ground changes (Summer, Fall, Winter).
- Surrounding Photo-scenery for Amager Island
- 3D night city lighting
For more information and to purchase Copenhagen:
Visit FlyTampa’s home page: http://www.flytampa.org/
Additional 4k Ultra HD Gallery of Copenhagen:
*Ultra high-definition 4k images credit of Rob Ainscough
Powered by Prepar3D Forum Banners Now Available
We are very proud of the sense of community that our Prepar3D users have and the great support and feedback they provide both us and other current and potential users of Prepar3D. We’ve received several inquiries for forum banners for users to show their Prepar3D support in various forums around the web. We’ve created a gallery of 39 custom ‘Powered by Prepar3D’ forum banners below. If you’d like to make your own, the Prepar3D logo can be found at the very bottom of this news post.
We would like to give our thanks to Prepar3D forum moderator and beta team member Rob “Robains” Ainscough who provided the source of these images in his ’19 aircraft in 19 locations in 19 days’ on avsim.com.
Showcasing Majestic Software’s MJC8 Q400 Addon for Prepar3D v2
JC8 Q400 is a Prepar3D v2 addon, built after the Bombardier ™ Dash-8 Q400 turboprop aircraft. It has started as a software framework for the FNPT level flight simulator and later separated into an independent project, which provides essentially the full cockpit simulator features under the desktop simulator’s framework.
Exclusive Prepar3D v2 Gallery of the MJC8 Q400 from Majestic Software:
In addition to the advanced simulation of the aircraft systems, this addon also contains an independent Flight Dynamics Engine (FDE) capable of running at a much higher rate than the default simulator FDE, and free of the inherent problems pertaining to the default aircraft flight dynamics. This enhanced Flight Dynamics package is capable of providing much more realistic wind simulation, icing effects, enhanced propeller physics including the propeller discing and auto rotation, effects of the propeller airstream on the wing lift and the icing effects on the propeller, wings and the flight surfaces.
Bonus 4K Ultra HD Gallery of the MJC8 Q400 in Prepar3D v2.4:
*Credit and thanks to Rob Ainscough for the beautiful high resolution gallery, and to Aerosoft and Orbx for the terrain addons.
- Custom flight dynamics engine
- Weather radar
- FMS navigation, fuel management and basic performance
- User documentation
- Virtual cockpit and external models
- Additional liveries and paint kit
- Passenger announcements
- FMS FPL Winds
- Saving and loading system state
- Custom sound system
- Addon control panel applications
For more information, visit Majestic Software’s home page.
Showcasing Captain Sim’s 777 Pro Line Product for Prepar3D
The Prepar3D team is proud to welcome Captain Sim to it’s solution developer team! Captain Sim has been producing and releasing world class add-ons for FSX for some years, and is now developing and releasing add-ons for Prepar3D.
Captain Sim also creates Lockheed aircraft add-ons as well, see more information at their home page:
Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Gallery of the Captain Sim 777 Trainer in Prepar3D v2.4:
*Credit and thanks to Rob Ainscough for the beautiful high resolution gallery, and to FlyTampa for their Dubai airport and terrain add-on.
- Weather Radar (CS exclusive)
- Electronic Flight Bag (CS exclusive)
- Electronic Check List
- Advanced systems programming
- Authentic sound set
- Accurate digital replicas of the 777-200ER (including GE, PW and RR engine variants) and 777-200LR aircraft
- 4X high resolution textures of 12 popular liveries
- 108 free liveries and growing
- Hundreds of realistic animations
- Transparent windows
- Stewardess model (various airline uniforms)
- Highly detailed and functional flight deck
- Hundreds of accurate animations
- 4X high resolution textures
- Complete (3-class) passenger cabin including galley and lavatories
- ACE – Aircraft Configuration Editor
- Repaint kit
- FPS friendly
- Presaved flights
- Realistic flight model
- Navigraph navdata including Terminal Procedures
- AIRAC support