Scenario/Mission Crash to Desktop

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Helicopterman

Scenario/Mission Crash to Desktop

Post by Helicopterman »

After successfully upgrading to 6.1, I tried to run some scenarios. Every time I tried, the sim immediately crashed to the desktop. No matter which scenario I tried, they all crashed to the desktop. According to the screen message, the sim was properly updated and no problems were encountered. But, all scenarios crash immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JorgenSA

Re: Scenario/Mission Crash to Desktop

Post by JorgenSA »

At the time of your crash - any of them - what is then in Windows Event Viewer?

If you can't remember the time, then just provoke a new crash.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Helicopterman

Post by Helicopterman »

Sorry it took awhile to respond. The crash in the event viewer says that I have a "VSS" error after 6.1 crashing to desktop. Cannot run anything in the sim. Cannot load anything. I do not know what this VSS error is or how to fix it. The only thing I know for sure is that update does not work at all. Thanks for any help.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

No problem with the time.

To find what I need to troubleshoot this:

Note the time of any of your crashes. Then right-click on your Windows Start button and select "Event Viewer" from the menu. Now click on the little arrow next to "Windows Logs", then on "Application". Now, in the top center pane you see a lot of entries with time stamps on them. Scroll down the list to the time of your crash, and there should be one or two titled "Error". In those there should be an exception code, post that code here.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Helicopterman

Post by Helicopterman »

I followed your instructions exactly and found the exact time of the CTDT. I opened the Event Viewer and Windows logs, Application, and viewed the text. Much to my dismay and maybe yours, there were no errors recorded. The Sim just crashes to the desktop and disappears. Tried it several times and no error codes logged. Any further ideas?
The sim starts up fine to the load screen but as soon as I try to run anything, it crashes.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This mystifies me a bit.

But you say this happens when you try to run a scenario. How about a default flight, with the default aircraft - does that work?

Jorgen

Helicopterman

Post by Helicopterman »

I tried just the default scenario and that crashes also. I am wondering if that 36 gig download got corrupted somehow and that is why the sim won't run at all. The 6.0.36 version was working perfectly. Now I can't run anything with 6.1.8. I am not sure what to do next. Should I download the update again? What are your thoughts on this? Once again, thanks for your help.
Helicopterman

Post by Helicopterman »

I re-downloaded the 6.1.8 zip file in case the update one was corrupt. Installed it fresh on a different SSD. Tried to run it but now Lockheed Martin has locked me out completely saying there is a license violation. I guess this ends my time with 6.1.8. I wonder if I could get a full refund of my purchase?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The refund will have to take place within 2 weeks from the original purchase.

For the refund policy go here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

For license issues go here:

licensing@prepar3d.com

Just explain what is going on, and include your License ID & Invoice Number.

Jorgen