777 on V6

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
dave26

777 on V6

Post by dave26 »

I am about to do a 777 course and was recommended to download P3D and PMDG 777.

I did just that downloading the most up to date version(6) and then bought and paid for PMDG 777 only to find that it is only compatible with version 5.

Is there any recourse to swap version 6 for version 5?

Kind Regards
Dave
JorgenSA

Re: 777 on V6

Post by JorgenSA »

Dave,

You'll need to send an email to:

licensing@prepar3d.com

Just explain your issue in the email.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
agfreeman

Post by agfreeman »

Have you tried it anyway? A lot of things are compatible. It might just not be official
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

dave26 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:30 am I am about to do a 777 course and was recommended to download P3D and PMDG 777.

I did just that downloading the most up to date version(6) and then bought and paid for PMDG 777 only to find that it is only compatible with version 5.

Kind Regards
Dave
You could get a Refund on P3D6 then purchase P3D5.

P3D Refund Policy:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Note: If PMDG products are installed on P3D6 = no support from PMDG.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Hey what course is this?

Is this something simmers can sign up for. I would like to get instructions on how to use my pmdg 777 properly. So far only done the tutorial and don't know what else to do after that.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It is very clear from the previous posts that PMDG has not made a v. 6 compatible Boeing 777 (at least not yet), and they will not support the use of their present 777 on v. 6.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Blue Skies

Post by Blue Skies »

dave26 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:30 am I am about to do a 777 course and was recommended to download P3D and PMDG 777.

Kind Regards
Dave
I have the same problem. What did you do? I hate to buy V5 just to get this working. I bought V6 about 2 months ago and haven’t had any luck, also outside the refund period. I’ll try emailing them as a previous poster mentioned. Just wanted to see what worked for you and if I’m wasting my time trying to get this to work. I have the PMDG 777 and Bravo throttles. Can’t get either to work properly. Thanks!
skycoach1

Post by skycoach1 »

Yes, PMDG 777 is unsupported, but running it on P3Dv6 certainly possible, and I have been using it constantly since I installed 6.1 just before Christmas. It works 99% perfect, the remaining issues concern the display of the weather radar in Active Sky.

I've had the 777 in all its variations and mutations since its appeareance in FSX all those years ago, but I've never seen it perform so smoothly before; and, once the flight deck lighting is properly tweaked within the P3Dv6 control panel, it looks amazing. It's such a shame that PMDG aren't supporting it (or the 737 and 747, which also work fine) in v6: people don't realise what they are missing out on!

So, how to get it to work? You will need to spend a little time tweaking your registry to make the PMDG installer 'think' that it's installing the PMDG in either P3Dv4 or v5, when, in fact it's going into you v.6 setup. There are several threads on AVISM to help you; this is the original:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6356 ... in-p3d-v6/

and Adam Pestridge's videos are very valuable resources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4xJF06uyM

This was an early adopter, running the 777 in the first week of v6's appearance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIvbhHUF7g

Let me know if having tried to install the PMDG you are having issues, and I'll try to help.

David
Blue Skies

Post by Blue Skies »

Thanks David!

I actually tweaked with the registry previously when I first got p3d v6, and I do have the 777 show up in the sim, however I'm not sure if it works. The problem is I can't get the Bravo throttles to work. I watched several long videos today and managed to get the lights on the autopilot buttons and gear on the Bravo to work, but that's it. I used the Honeycomb Bravo Configurator to assign the buttons and gear lights. When I try to use the p3d configurator to assign the axis for the throttles, it won't give me the option for all levers (speed brake, throttles, flaps). I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I can't figure it out. The PMDG 777 profile I downloaded doesn't seem to assign anything. For both the Bravo throttle configurator and PMDG 777 profile, I downloaded them for v5, so maybe I need to tweak their registries as well, or do something to them? If that doesn't make sense, this is my first time trying to set up a simulator and I'm also new to PC Windows (long time Mac user), so I have a steep learning curve.

If you have any suggestions on how to set up the Bravo throttles, I would appreciate it. Right now the speed brake moves the rudder pedals, and one of the throttles moves the yoke (elevator), or vice versa, I'm not sitting at the sim right now. The thrust reversers do nothing. This is frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for any help!
Linda
skycoach1

Post by skycoach1 »

Linda, good that you've got the777 already running in the sim, by means of the registry tweaK. Alas, I can't help you with the hardware query, since I don't use Honeycomb products. Have you contacted the company about P3dV6 support and workarounds? Maybe setting up your hardware via PSUIPC, fi you have it, might be another way to a solution. Maybe also post a query directly in the Hardware forum here?

Best of luck!

David