Vanishing AI airplanes

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
rsubers2

Post by rsubers2 »

That seems a bit extreme, I would have to grab the AI flight plan parameters, create a new one to the same location with the same parameters (flight number, altitude, etc.) and save to disk and then load it to the newly created AI and then clean the flight plan off the disk drive to keep from cluttering it up. I suspect the new AI would then have to call clearance delivery to get its clearance. This would be even messier with a line of planes waiting to take off since they presumably would be far enough from the runway to have to ask for taxi instructions from ground.

Or am I missing something somehow?
minime

Post by minime »

Yes, simply keep the aircraft frozen until the runway is clear and then delete it and create a new aircraft.
rsubers2

Post by rsubers2 »

That seems a bit extreme, I would have to grab the AI flight plan parameters, create a new one to the same location with the same parameters (flight number, altitude, etc.) and save to disk and then load it to the newly created AI and then clean the flight plan off the disk drive to keep from cluttering it up. I suspect the new AI would then have to call clearance delivery to get its clearance. This would be even messier with a line of planes waiting to take off since they presumably would be far enough from the runway to have to ask for taxi instructions from ground.

Or am I missing something somehow?
minime

Post by minime »

There is no easy way, if you are overriding the Prepar3d traffic AI then you have to implement everything it normally would do. But you don't need to save to disk, just keep all the data in memory and then steer the aircraft. Of course, this is not a beginners project, it requires quite a few technical problems to be solved.
rsubers2

Post by rsubers2 »

I am not trying to override the P3D AI behavior, just keep the plane from vanishing when it sits still too long. I have tried various methods of short term takeovers to see if that would help but as soon as I give the aircraft back to P3D it vanishes if it has not had the opportunity to move under P3D control for a while. I guess all I can hope for is for LM to either change the disappear time to use a setting in one of the config files or to further expose the AI/ATC interface in SimConnect.
minime

Post by minime »

Yes and I really hope it is the latter.