Test of nVidea "Shadowplay" and Liberty XL2 in P3D v2.2

Forum for Prepar3D users to share videos they have recorded of Prepar3D.
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

Now use custom scenery (for example LFBO from Aerosoft), Ultimate Traffic 2 (50%), ActiveSky NEXT (150nm cloud draw distance and 5 layers), Aerosoft Airbus X, ORBX Global + Orbx Vector...

And show us the FPS...

Funny to watch the video with the default settings.
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
Luis Vargas

Post by Luis Vargas »

Hi, N4GIX.

Do you have FTX Global 1.1? If not, you should better install it and save a bit of performance not activating the shadows for the trees, once that in the FTX ground textures there are already shadows. In the attached photo that I took flying over KGYY I am with all the others shadows and reflections enabled. I think the look is much more enjoyable that standard. Another thing is that I prefer to release the frames instead to have them locked.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Nice flight Bill, your fames was smooth. Cough cough not to mention the landing :D

Regards,

Saul.
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

Quote:
Quote from Luis Vargas on May 21, 2014, 20:10

Hi, N4GIX.

Do you have FTX Global 1.1? If not, you should better install it and save a bit of performance not activating the shadows for the trees, once that in the FTX ground textures there are already shadows. In the attached photo that I took flying over KGYY I am with all the others shadows and reflections enabled. I think the look is much more enjoyable that standard. Another thing is that I prefer to release the frames instead to have them locked.

Then, vegetation cast off and receive on?

Thanks
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

I just tried shadowplay but am dissapointed cause the mouse pointer is always visible. Does anyone know how to disable that?

Utah77

Post by Utah77 »

Now use custom scenery (for example LFBO from Aerosoft), Ultimate Traffic 2 (50%), ActiveSky NEXT (150nm cloud draw distance and 5 layers), Aerosoft Airbus X, ORBX Global + Orbx Vector...

And show us the FPS...

Funny to watch the video with the default settings.
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

No, I don't have or use any add-on product in my development system. I need to keep it 'virgin' so that I can have a consistent base for evaluating the performance of my own projects.

Perhaps one day I'll build a newer system for project development, and then add some add-on 'eye-candy' to the retired machine.
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

Quote:
Quote from Mickeyj on May 22, 2014, 04:34

I just tried shadowplay but am dissapointed cause the mouse pointer is always visible. Does anyone know how to disable that?

Move your mouse to the far right or left edge of the screen. It should disappear after a few seconds. If you watch my test video closely, you'll see me use the mouse several times (mainly where I forgot to finish initializing the GNS530/430 units!). Notice that the mouse cursor disappears afterwards.
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

Quote:
Quote from N4GIX on May 22, 2014, 12:06

Quote:
Quote from Mickeyj on May 22, 2014, 04:34

Move your mouse to the far right or left edge of the screen. It should disappear after a few seconds. If you watch my test video closely, you'll see me use the mouse several times (mainly where I forgot to finish initializing the GNS530/430 units!). Notice that the mouse cursor disappears afterwards.

Hello,

yes i know that it disappears but if you want to record some EZDOK footage of an airfield or the aircraft while in flight then the mouse cursor is pretty anoying. It is possible to bring it all the way to the border but then it is pretty hard to get some nice takes.

In the meantime i stick with Bandicam as main recording app. I record with the xvid codec so the hit on the frames is barely noticeable. Con is, it is an avi format so i got to convert the takes into mp4 so that FinalCut can read it ;) :?