Cannot seem to write to DLL XML

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
CathyH

Post by CathyH »

For some reason, even thopugh I set the attributes manualy, the damn file seems to revert to READ ONLY. Will not allow me to manually esit and install entires, which is bloody frustrating as I need to be able to edit the file. Also when I DO manage to edit and save it wipes out my FSUIPC entry (and yest I have the latest release). I then have to re enter it which seems to wipe out any other changes I made if they saved in the first place. Runningg Windows 7 home premium on a new machine
soulmaril

Post by soulmaril »

I have a similar problem with the scenery.cfg
Saul

Post by Saul »

I don't have any problem writing entries which makes me think the problem is with some peoples computer setup somehow.

The behaviour you're describing sounds very strange and frustrating. Are you writing the files is the correct location?

I know its an obvious question but some people are editing the Scenery.CFG fils located in the main installation folder.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\*User*\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\DLL.xml Note. *User* = your windows logon name.

Don't forget to make a .txt file backup of all the changes so if that problem happens again. you can simply copy and paste the whole file back in.

Regards,

Saul.

lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Sounds like Windows trying to keep people from changing files. I hate that.

One of the reasons I installed V2 to another drive and not in C: in the Program Files folder was to keep that from happening.
CathyH

Post by CathyH »

I have P3d2 on D drive, not in the "Program Files (x86) Folder but in a seperate directory D:\Flightsim\Lockheed Martin. DLL XML is in C;\ Users\Appdata|Roaming\User 977 with adminstrator rights, so how do I solve this problem?
CathyH

Post by CathyH »

OK, I went in ad got windows to disply hiddeen files critical to running windows. I NOW have a little "LOCK" iocn over "USERS" how do I get rid of the bloody thing?
Jude

Post by Jude »