Unhappy - This device (Nvidia GeForce) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
enzoaugusto

Unhappy - This device (Nvidia GeForce) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by enzoaugusto »

Good night everyone, as well as many I have this problem, mainly in VR, I enter VR mode and when I leave the message appears, just like many I am a fan of Prepar3D since version 3, I came from the Flight Simulator platform (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 95, 98, 2000, 2004, FSX and FSX-Steam), I see several posts but no definitive solution, I tried everything, but without success, this problem started with me on P3Dv5, version 4 ( all) I had no problems in VR anyway ...
Come on my outburst, I am very disappointed with Lockheed Martin, I do not see a statement to its customers, a satisfaction, we pay for a product that is defective and nothing is solved, we have to spend hours, days looking for alternative sites, forums because creator of the simulator does not pay attention to the problem, we have no obligation to keep jumping from site to site after a solution, it is Lockheed Martin's obligation to give support but it seems that nobody in the company is interested in that, sad.
Obs. Sorry for any spelling mistakes in my English, because I am not fluent in the language.

My Simulator:

Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1 (5.1.12.26829), cleaned without any Addon´s (for testing)

My Hardware:
- Operating system: Windows 10 20H2 (build 19042.685) and all updated drivers (video, sound, chipset, sata, accessories ...)
- Source: Cosair CX750 Bronze
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Formula
- RAM Memory: Kingston Hyper X Predator 32GB 3.200Mhz
- Processor: Intel 8th generation I7-8086K 4.00 GHz / 5.00 GHz
- Fan Cooler: Cool Master Hyper 212X
- Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8gb Strix Gaming Advanced OC
- SSD 1: Kingston 240gb (Master "C:")
- SSD 2: Kingston 480gb (Only Prepar3D and Add´s "D:")
- Hard Disk: Seagate 2TB ("E:" Backups)
- Monitor: Philips 272G, 27 "/ 144Hz / 1ms Full HD with technology GSYNC (Nvidia)", Full HD, 144Hz, 1ms
- Headset: CoolerMaster Hyper X Cloud II

My Cockpit:

- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System
- Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
- Virtual Avionics MCP737-R (Mode Control Panel)
- Oculus Rift S
Enzo Augusto
JorgenSA

Re: Unhappy - This device (Nvidia GeForce) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by JorgenSA »

Enzo,

There are several things that might help with this issue:

1. In Options/World, is there a check mark at "Enable Bathymetry"? If there is, try to remove it.

2. In the same place, is there a check mark at "Enhanced Atmospherics"? If there is, try to remove it.

3. Again in the same place, is there a check mark at "Use high-resolution terrain textures"? If there is, try to remove it.

4. In Options/Display, what is "Texture Resolution" set to? If at High or Ultra, try lowering it to Medium.

I have only 4 GB of VRAM, and I do not use VR. My P3D is running just fine - system details below.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
enzoaugusto

Re: Infeliz - Este dispositivo (Nvidia GeForce) parou de funcionar pelo seguinte motivo: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by enzoaugusto »

Hello friend Jorgen!
Thank you for your attention, I did exactly as you mentioned, still giving the error, in normal mode I don’t have the problem, only in VR, when I enter VR mode everything works very well, but when I exit it crashes and the message appears, I think when I leave the VR, the fps peak, so the message appears, I tried to solve it by limiting the frames with external programs and then with the limiter of the P3D itself, limiting it to 30 or 25 fps, it seems to reduce the crash, but even so it continues.

Thanks

Enzo
Enzo Augusto
JorgenSA

Re: Unhappy - This device (Nvidia GeForce) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by JorgenSA »

Enzo,

As I said, I do not use VR, so my help with that will be very limited.

But for frame rate limit, I have found the best results with limiting the frame rate in the nVidia Control Panel, and setting the frame rate to unlimited in the sim. However, that may not help with the problem in VR.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
enzoaugusto

Post by enzoaugusto »

JorgenSA wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:12 am Enzo,

As I said, I do not use VR, so my help with that will be very limited.

But for frame rate limit, I have found the best results with limiting the frame rate in the nVidia Control Panel, and setting the frame rate to unlimited in the sim. However, that may not help with the problem in VR.

Jorgen
Good night friend Jorgen, thanks for the help, about the limitation via control panel (nvidia) I put, I start the P3D and everything is normal, locked fps ... after I leave and enter again the control panel locked the fps the P3D ignores.
Enzo Augusto