P3D Hotfix 5.1 causes DXGI Graphics card error

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
kaha

Re: P3D Hotfix 5.1 causes DXGI Graphics card error

Post by kaha »

My options settings are in the videos I posted.

I also think that this fix may not fix all DXGI hungs. But it at least fixes mine. I would be glad if it als fixed DXGI hungs of some other fellow simmers.

All Systems are different.

Karl
I9-9900K @ 5.0 all cores aircooled NHD-15 on Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | MSI 2080TI Gaming X Trio | 32GB 3200 | 4K single monitor | 1000W bequiet Z1| Thrustmaster Hotas | Saitek Switch Panel |
Flyprdu

Post by Flyprdu »

kaha wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:30 pm My options settings are in the videos I posted.

I also think that this fix may not fix all DXGI hungs. But it at least fixes mine. I would be glad if it als fixed DXGI hungs of some other fellow simmers.

All Systems are different.

Karl
That's fine. You've fixed it for now. But the underlying issues remain. And as you add more and more addons you may experience it again.

We still need to find the root cause. Because Bathymetry ain't it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kaha wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm No, I purchased all single components by myself and also OCed by myself.

Karl
@kaha ,

When posting a problem it would be helpful to mention you have a custom home built overclocked PC along with your system specs.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
kaha

Post by kaha »

The overclocking has no relevance for the problem.

Karl
I9-9900K @ 5.0 all cores aircooled NHD-15 on Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | MSI 2080TI Gaming X Trio | 32GB 3200 | 4K single monitor | 1000W bequiet Z1| Thrustmaster Hotas | Saitek Switch Panel |
Flyprdu

Post by Flyprdu »

Martyson wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:05 am
kaha wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm No, I purchased all single components by myself and also OCed by myself.

Karl
@kaha ,

When posting a problem it would be helpful to mention you have a custom home built overclocked PC along with your system specs.
I don't understand this train of thought. If the sim was stable in a previous version with an overclock, but it is unstable with the current version with the same overclock, then wouldn't it be the version that's the problem and not the overclock?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kaha wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:57 pm I9-9900K overclocked to 5,0 on all cores. MSI 2080TI no OC. 32GB 3200, M.2 SSDs and SATA SSDs. 4K single monitor externaly synched to half frame rate in Nvidia Inspector.

If I have to test anomalies I disable overclocking of course. But now I'm back to 5,0GHz all cores with no problems.

Karl
@ kaha ,

Is your custom home built overclocked PC water cooled?
Best Regards,
Flyprdu

Post by Flyprdu »

Martyson wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:42 am
kaha wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:57 pm I9-9900K overclocked to 5,0 on all cores. MSI 2080TI no OC. 32GB 3200, M.2 SSDs and SATA SSDs. 4K single monitor externaly synched to half frame rate in Nvidia Inspector.

If I have to test anomalies I disable overclocking of course. But now I'm back to 5,0GHz all cores with no problems.

Karl
@ kaha ,

What.... even...

is there any official support in this forum? Like LM Devs stop by? Or is it only enthusiasts defending the honor of the software?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Flyprdu wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:11 am
Martyson wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:42 am

Karl
@ kaha ,

What.... even...

is there any official support in this forum? Like LM Devs stop by? Or is it only enthusiasts defending the honor of the software?
@ Flyprdu ,

After hours on the weekend?
Best Regards,
kaha

Post by kaha »

I think I'm off here.

Maybe my findings help someone or at least encourage someone who has the same problem to try to tweak his options for a possible temporary solution until this is fixed.

Karl
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Flyprdu wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:41 am
Martyson wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:05 am

Karl
@kaha ,

I don't understand this train of thought. If the sim was stable in a previous version with an overclock, but it is unstable with the current version with the same overclock, then wouldn't it be the version that's the problem and not the overclock?
@ Flyprdu ,

Overclocking was not the problem.
Do you recall what the fix was in this case for kaha's setup and his testing?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kaha wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:33 am I think I'm off here.

Maybe my findings help someone or at least encourage someone who has the same problem to try to tweak his options for a possible temporary solution until this is fixed.

Karl
@ kaha ,

Important for others to try your fix, report their results and their system specs (unless already in their signature block).

It would be nice to find a user with the same system specs you have, including using overclocking, for a test.
Best Regards,
Flyprdu

Post by Flyprdu »

kaha wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:33 am I think I'm off here.

Karl
Are you the same Kaha on the ORBX forums saying it was Buildings HD that is causing the error? And here you're saying it was Bathymetry that's causing the error.

I'm confused. I understand that you're trying to get to the bottom of it, but definitively declaring "X is the cause" isn't helpful. It will waste time and will lead us all on wild goose chases.
Ah2511

Post by Ah2511 »

Turning off Bathymetry seems to have helped my situation too.

To test:
- I removed all the other workarounds I had in place (Tdrlevel etc.)
- Loaded the sim (FSL A320, Flightbeam NZWN) with Bathymetry off. Loaded fine and no DXGI errors for about ~30mins
- Repeated this twice. No DXGI issues.
- Turned bathymetry back on. Loading the sim and an immediate DXGI error within 30s of loading the scenario above
- Ran this twice and the same outcome both times
- Turned bathymetry back off and it's fine again

There might be multiple issues, but this I reckon is one of them. Maybe it's specific to only some water areas, as I didn't get it at all airports and would sometimes get it over the middle of the ocean.

My specs are i7-10700k @ 5.0GHz, RTX 3090 24GB (factory clock), 32GB 3200MHz Corsair RAM, Z490 Mobo.

Cheers
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Ah2511,

"Turning off Bathymetry seems to have helped my situation too."
" Loaded the sim (FSL A320, Flightbeam NZWN) with Bathymetry off. Loaded fine and no DXGI errors for about ~30mins"
Were you seeing this same type of problem presentation in past weeks?
Actually getting the error at any time in not good.

In the past was Bathymetry On or Off in P3D Optioons?

Do you intend on just leaving it off, do your normal flights and report back?
Best Regards,
quid21

Post by quid21 »

As I mentioned previously, my DXGI issue occurs if I turn Enhanced Atmospherics to Ultra - that is reproducible, and happens for a default Mooney with G1000 aircraft.

I will do a bathemetry test, however I agree, there still seems to be a few factors causing this.

My GPU driver is up-to-date
Windows 10 is 2004
Two simple addons, both worked in V5.1 without error
No overclocking
Brand new hardware
No errors in intensive gaming applications
No errors in MSFS

P3D was stable previously with V5.1, the hotfix has broken something somewhere - I have posted so many error logs, checked my system settings it's now time for some acknowledgement that the issue exists from Lockheed Martin?