Plans to further develop ATC?

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
sho69607

Plans to further develop ATC?

Post by sho69607 »

As far as I know the ATC is straight port from FS2004-FSX-P3D, with no enhancements or changes since 2004, correct? Are there any plans to improve this or maybe add different voices at some point? This is one feature I feel is missing from flight sim. I feel the stock ATC works okay with some modifications from Edit Voicepack, but it is still fairly limited.
jabloomf1230

Re: Plans to further develop ATC?

Post by jabloomf1230 »

When you consider that a certain upcoming flightsim (soon to be released) has ATC that is only slightly improved over what's in FSX and P3d5, you must realize that big improvements to the stock ATC are not a high priority for flightsim developers. There are two reasons. First, there are a number of good 3rd party ATC add-ons and second, ATC is a very difficult feature to improve on, primarily because the logic is quite complicated. It's takes a team of real world pilots, controllers and gifted coders to figure out the logic.

I suggest that you download and test a demo of a 3rd party ATC package (Pilot2ATC and VOXATC are my favorites). There are also good freeware ATC packages like for example, Radar Contact.
sho69607

Post by sho69607 »

Yeah that makes sense. I don't know how long it took for them to record all of these phrases in the first place. One of the the reasons I still use the default atc over those other programs is the fact that the voices don't sound as robotic. Despite there being only one north american accent set, most of the pronunciations are done fairly well. Also the ability to pick up clearances from uncontrolled airfields is a nice bonus too.
Axel1

Post by Axel1 »

Hello.

Old thread here, but I would like to continue. Do the developers read here? Are there any plans to improve the AI behaviour in the future P3D versions?

Ai traffic need a big improvement.

- ai planes shall line up in position and hold on active runway behind a landed aircraft (ATC should act accdly. and interfere with UI plane)
- ai planes shall shall line up and wait behind a plane that just starts take off (ATC should act accdly. and interfere with UI plane)
- SID and STAR implementations for ai planes to follow the procedures

Just only these three points would affect ai traffic a lot.

Much appreciated a reply from the development if they are looking into this.

Thanks,
Axel