I give Up

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bandjoey

I give Up

Post by bandjoey »

Over the past few days Prepar3e crashed to reboot every time an airplane was selected.

I updated over and over, and Jorgen tried to help locate logs (that weren't there) and nothing helped. Today I reinstalled Windows from the Microsoft cloud and installed only Malwarebytes, the flight yoke and rudder pedals, and Prepar3ed. Loaded the 114 and it crashed to reboot immediately. No Critical Error or warnings in the event viewer just list after list of information. So. I toss in the towel and go try x-Plane. Please cancel and refund my download. I know it works for others but something in my computer just won't. If there's no one that is able to remote view to help then I quit.
Martyson

Re: I give Up

Post by Martyson »

bandjoey wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:21 am Over the past few days Prepar3e crashed to reboot every time an airplane was selected.

I updated over and over, and Jorgen tried to help locate logs (that weren't there) and nothing helped. Today I reinstalled Windows from the Microsoft cloud and installed only Malwarebytes, the flight yoke and rudder pedals, and Prepar3ed. Loaded the 114 and it crashed to reboot immediately. No Critical Error or warnings in the event viewer just list after list of information. So. I toss in the towel and go try x-Plane. Please cancel and refund my download. I know it works for others but something in my computer just won't. If there's no one that is able to remote view to help then I quit.
@ bandjoey ,

You are using Malwarebytes and it could be causing problems.
I do not use Malwarebytes. I use Avast and no problems on my setup.

You mentioned Refund so here is the Refund Policy information:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Note:
I added a reply to your previous post here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 30#p238730
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi
Perhaps it is not the cause, but what video driver number are you using?
Michel
choppa

Post by choppa »

I had the same problem after I updated to the latest Nvidia driver...once I rolled back to an older driver...VOILA....everything worked A1