TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition et Sidestick T.A320: fonctions inopérantes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Michel Champion

TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition et Sidestick T.A320: fonctions inopérantes

Post by Michel Champion »

Michel Champion email: michelj.champion@gmail.com
Good morning
My PC: Win 10, P3Dv4.5, Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
I acquired a Thrustmaster-TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition AS15426 set via Aerosoft by Order No. 1120387094 Ref 7BJ91768RD473411N dated 8/12/2021.
The Thrustmaster Pilot is up to date, Aerosoft A320/A321 Configurator with the TCA boxes checked and button 3 (activated especially for the screenshot) in the copy below of the Flight Control Panel

. In flight, I click on the option chosen in the ATC Menu activated from the ù key on the keyboard
On the Sidestick I programmed button 3 for COM 1 radio (transmit) which refuses to activate while the buttons below, for example, work perfectly with their assignment as well as the rest of the buttons and controls as well on the Sisestick than on the Joystick Block:
-Button 4 Autopilot master (on/off)
-1 Brakes button (apply/release)
-Hat Switch 1 Elevator/Aileron trim
- Buttons 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 …..etc…
-I first thought of a mechanical failure then I removed the doubt by temporarily assigning Button 3 to the following functions which are all active when controlled via this button (3):
-Landing Gear (extend/retract)
-Strobe lights (on/off)
-ATC window (display/hide)
-I also removed the doubt as to a malfunction of Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 Professional by loading an aircraft from the P3D program and also an aircraft foreign to the program but compatible with P3D (for example Cessna Baron). The result is the same in both cases.
- Still in order to remove any doubt, I replaced the Thrustmaster assembly with the HOTAS X56 assembly on which I assigned the retraction and extension of the gear to several buttons; same result, the link with ATC Menu is non-existent.

QUESTION: Is COM 1 radio (transmit) the correct address? If so, Thrustamster and Aerosoft works perfectly.
Can you please help me to fix this malfunction?
Thank you for answering me via my e-mail: michelj.champion@gmail.com
MichelChampion
Martyson

Re: TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition et Sidestick T.A320: fonctions inopérantes

Post by Martyson »

Hello Michel Champion,

Are you using P3D5.4HF3 (4.5.14.34698) ?

During a normal flight what are you using COM1 (transmit) for?

Previously you mentioned a screenshot but it was not included in your post.

How to Post Screenshots (by Chris Metel):
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=141933

Note:
I use the Thrustmaster Officer Pack Airbus Edition.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Michel,

have you contacted Thrustmaster for this issue?

Also, it's not a good idea to publish your email address in a public forum. You open yourself up to phishing and other devious stuff, and your answers are going to come here in the forum anyway, so that other people will see them - that's the whole idea of a support forum.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Michel Champion

Post by Michel Champion »

Good morning,
Subject: Button 3 not working on the Sidestick of the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Pack Edition
Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly!
On all the planes I've actually flown (and all the planes I've worked on):
-Mirage III, Super Etendard, Jaguar, Alphajet, AéroCommander, Beechcarft Baron, Cessna Cardinal, Falcon 10,20 and 50
-1° the ATC Menu of the Simulator and the mouse to hover over it obviously did not exist!
-2° There was on each stick (or steering wheel depending on the type) a button (Alternate Radio) allowing, once the desired frequency has been set, dialogue with the chosen organization (TWR, Regional Control Center, Eurocontrol, etc. …
. I would therefore like, to stick a little more to reality, that this button 3 (or another) on the sidestick be reactivated and therefore, to what function should it be assigned in P3D\Options\Controls\T.A320 Pilot, COMI 1 radio (transmit) seems to me the logical address (but maybe I was wrong)
Could you please point me the right way to remedy this malfunction?
Thank you for your reply
Michael Champion
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello Michael ,

When you push button 3 who would you be talking to?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Follow up.

You are not wanting to use the #3 button as a Voice Push to Talk, correct?

I think what you want to do is:
Press and release button 3 to signal P3D to initiate an automated reply to the last P3D ATC instruction.
Is that correct?
Best Regards,