P3D HF2 Shaders after the sun goes down are still broken

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
YaBoi69420

P3D HF2 Shaders after the sun goes down are still broken

Post by YaBoi69420 »

In P3D V5 HF2, when the sun goes down past the horizon, the entire sim starts to look really bad. The ground and plane is too bright and this has been a problem since the first release of P3D V5. Clueless as to why they haven't fixed it and it's been the main reason why I cannot use this sim.

As you can see, the ground is just too bright and you can't change that, even with Envshade.

This is how the ground looks before the sun goes down and you can see that the ground brightness suits the whole scene.
zalcantar

Re: P3D HF2 Shaders after the sun goes down are still broken

Post by zalcantar »

My experience is way different. After dusk and into night it gets extremely dark. Can barely make out landscape features. What are your lighting settings? Maybe turn down your gamma on your monitor?
Zalcantar
MSI GE75 Raider 9SF laptop -Windows 10 version 1909 -i9-9880H -RTX 2070 8GB -32 GB DDR4 -V5 HF2 -ASP3D B7 w/ASCA -ORBX NA/EUR/Base/Vector - PROATCX -High settings/Dense AG -Locked @36fps -EA on -Stable for now
MPO910

Re: P3D HF2 Shaders after the sun goes down are still broken

Post by MPO910 »

I can corfirm this strange behaviour too. Directly after the sun goes behind the horizon it is getting "brighter" (grey brightness) and then darker again. After the sun is completely gone down it is getting darker again.

Sunset is like this: Bright-darker-darker-darker-sun behind horizon out of sight-brighter-brighter-then darker-darker-darker-darkest.

Strange is the short brighter section in this process. But I assume it is due the EA Mode wich is still beta. I find the whole colorusage, light behaviour, sunglow very strange and not optimized in EA (But Beta). Also the cloud colors are strange at sunset and dawn. Strange Greyisch colors, Sky very red, yellow, green etc. This can and should be much approved in the next update to make EA look what it is capable of.

We are now seeing a basig implementation.

@LM: Please make EA look much more realisticer because I think there is much room for improvement! This should be the next goal!

Regards Marcus
Marcus P
Windows 10 Home 21H1
Build 19043.1586
Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4170.0
i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor
HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Steam VR