P3Dv5 Scenery Layer problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Stratocruiser

P3Dv5 Scenery Layer problem

Post by Stratocruiser »

I had a bad install with FSUIPC6 into P3Dv5 that caused several problems with my install of my ORBX addons. I deleted it and all the ORBX products, reinstalled FSUIPC6, but not any of the ORBX products. Now every time I go to any of the top menu bar tabs in P3D and make any changes to say, OPTIONS, or even just to look at something in any of the tabs, then close the tab window, I get this message.
"Prepar 3D has detected non sequential layer ordering with the scenery library list. Would you like Prepar 3D to attempt to repair this issue? Yes No"
I say yes every time, but it does not get fixed.
Any suggestions?
Howard
Martyson

Re: P3Dv5 Scenery Layer problem

Post by Martyson »

Howard,

I had no problems with FSUIPC6 install.

Have you contacted Orbx support?

Also, you could run through all the General Debugging Steps :
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Stratocruiser wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:59 pm I had a bad install with FSUIPC6 into P3Dv5 that caused several problems with my install of my ORBX addons

There's no way at all that installing or attempting to install one addon using the Add-On XML method as L-M intended will adversely affect another using the same or similar method. Unless you opt to do it the "old way", the new FSUIPC installer will add another folder into your Prepar3D documents Add-Ons folder. It is the Add-On.xml in that folder which is seen next time by P3D and it asks you if you want to enable the DLL.

If you install Orbx stuff using their Library, rather than the old way (which just updates the SCENERY.CFG file), Orbx Central adds a pointer to its own set of Add-On.xml files as a "Package" to one of the Add-Ons.cfg files P3D uses.

The two are separate and cannot interfere with each other. You are misdiagnosing your problem.
"Prepar 3D has detected non sequential layer ordering with the scenery library list. Would you like Prepar 3D to attempt to repair this issue? Yes No"
I say yes every time, but it does not get fixed.

I used to get that sometimes with Orbx. And it messes my scenery ordering up quite frequently. I run Lorby-Si's AddOnOrganiser and get it to save the scenery ist. it checks and fixes leyering.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

Thanks for the reply, Guys. I will try that.
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

Cant seem to find Lorby-Si's AddOnOrganiser in their product line up. Found a link in AVSIM and tried downloading it there. There is a manual I can download, but when I try to download the product, virus protection says it is infected with a Trojan Horse.
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

You have to go to win defender action history and allow the file. There is no trojan im pretty sure. Had a chat with the dev myself already and i believe him that. There is info out there that explain why this happens.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive