CTD at starting default flight

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 »

Hi,

well, at the moment I'm struggling a bit with a CTD which occurs each time at starting P3D v2.3 with the saved default flight. The most time I can see this explanation in the event viewer but sometimes the faulting module is unknown.

Code:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.3.11345.0, time stamp: 0x53e4d8e6
Faulting module name: acontain.dll, version: 2.3.11345.0, time stamp: 0x53e4d8cb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000012e1
Faulting process ID: 0x1d94
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc1eb634c5bb4
Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\acontain.dll
Report ID: d1454937-2dde-11e4-816c-c860002b5223
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It's amazing that I can start the same flight without any problem if I chose the load function at the start screen and load this same default flight there.

Doing this the flight will crash just when the scenery is loaded 100%

Doing this then the same flight will be loaded and get ready to fly

The odd thing is, that I found at least one saved flight which won't crash if it is the default flight. But most of the others do crash.

I've no idea where to check more to find the reason for this faulty behavior. I never had this before and the patch to P3D v2.3 worked well and the problem didn't occur either.

I got this failure the first time after an upgrade of the nVidia driver to 340.72 from 337.88. I went back to 337.88 with a clean install but the problem persists. I tried another driver and now I'm back again to 340.72. (Works well without blue triangles)

My main question is: What can a nVidia driver installation do that such a P3D error occurs? By the way, I even did a repair of P3D v2.3 but I won't do a new installation of P3D v2.3 because I would rather like to have this error fixed without a new installation.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Spirit
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Spirit I had a look around and I see that the Driver you are using is not a vaileble here (AU USA EUROPE ) from Nvidia, it may have changed something in the Card Bios (as it fiddles with power )and now a clean install cannot remove it or there is a timming problem ... cant think of anything else, the driver is made for the Icafes of China...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 »

Quote:
Quote from aeronauta on August 28, 2014, 04:44

Spirit I had a look around and I see that the Driver you are using is not a vaileble here (AU USA EUROPE ) from Nvidia, it may have changed something in the Card Bios (as it fiddles with power )and now a clean install cannot remove it or there is a timming problem ... cant think of anything else, the driver is made for the Icafes of China...

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

thanks for the response. I'm aware that the 340.72 driver is a special (icafe) driver but it is modded so it can be used also with Geforce. I don't think that the GPU driver can lead to such a CTD. Everything works very well if I load the flight from the P3D start screen as I showed in my screenshots. I would like to understand what's the difference in loading the same flight in 2 different ways. I even have one saved flight which makes no trouble at all.

Maybe somebody from LM dev team can point me to the right direction and tell me what this faulting module acontain.dll does. I couldn't find any helpful explanation in the internet. I only found that it is also present in FSX.

Thanks a lot

Spirit
kandoit

Post by kandoit »

http://www.processlibrary.com/en/direct ... in/331829/

http://www.onlinespywareexpert.com/dll- ... N.DLL.html

acontain.dll

Process name: Microsoft Flight Simulator Module

Application using this process: Microsoft Flight Simulator Module

Recommended: Scan your system for invalid registry entries.

What is acontain.dll doing on my computer?

acontain.dll is a DLL file used by Microsoft Flight Simulator created by Microsoft Corporation This process is still being reviewed. If you have some information about it feel free to send us an email at pl[at]uniblue[dot]com If you need any technical advice or assistance, call our Live Experts toll-free on one of the numbers below:

US/CA: 1-855-246-1076

AUS: 1-800-736-793

UK: 0-800-056-0977

Non-system processes like acontain.dll originate from software you installed on your system. Since most applications store data in your system's registry, it is likely that over time your registry suffers fragmentation and accumulates invalid entries which can affect your PC's performance. It is recommended that you check your registry to identify slowdown issues.

acontain.dll

In order to ensure your files and data are not lost, be sure to back up your files online. Using a cloud backup service will allow you to safely secure all your digital files. This will also enable you to access any of your files, at any time, on any device.

Is acontain.dll harmful?

acontain.dll has not been assigned a security rating yet. Check your computer for viruses or other malware infected files.

acontain.dll is unrated

Can I stop or remove acontain.dll?

Most non-system processes that are running can be stopped because they are not involved in running your operating system. Scan your system now to identify unused processes that are using up valuable resources. acontain.dll is used by 'Microsoft Flight Simulator Module'.This is an application created by 'Microsoft Corporation'. To stop acontain.dll permanently uninstall 'Microsoft Flight Simulator Module' from your system. Uninstalling applications can leave invalid registry entries, accumulating over time. Run a free scan to find out how to optimize software and system performance.

Is acontain.dll CPU intensive?

This process is not considered CPU intensive. However, running too many processes on your system may affect your PC’s performance. To reduce system overload, you can use the Microsoft System Configuration Utility to manually find and disable processes that launch upon start-up. Alternatively, download PC Mechanic to automatically scan and identify any PC issues.

Why is acontain.dll giving me errors?

Process related issues are usually related to problems encountered by the application that runs it. A safe way to stop these errors is to uninstall the application and run a system scan to automatically identify any PC issues.

Process Library is the unique and indispensable process listing database since 2004 Now counting 140,000 processes and 55,000 DLLs. Join and subscribe now!

System Tools

PC Mechanic

Toolbox

ProcessQuicklink

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 »

@kandoit

Thanks for your reply but I already found such explanations in the internet. My registry is cleaned on a regular base and shouldn't be the problem. The acontain.dll is obviously not only a MS FSX modul it is also a P3D v2 module because it's there.

Anyway thanks again

Spirit