[Bug] v4.4 MP Host Crashes When a Player Disconnects

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
dexton

[Bug] v4.4 MP Host Crashes When a Player Disconnects

Post by dexton »

Hi all,

I am using command line switches to automatically start a multiplayer session when launching P3D v4.4. My launch command looks like this:

Code: Select all

start /d "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" Prepar3D.exe "-net:C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Multiplayer\MPHost.cfg" "-fxml:C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenarios\MyScenario\MyScenario.fxml" "-rolename:PlayerHost"

My MPHost.cfg file looks like this:

[Multiplayer]

; ACCOUNT INFORMATION
AutoStart=2
AutoSignOn=1
AccountLogin=0
LanUsername=MPHost

; SESSION INFORMATION
GameName=Room Name
PublicOnLAN=1
MaxPlayers=16
TimeToStart=0
GameDescription=Description here
AllowJoinInFly=1
AllowProfessionalPlusFeatures=1
JoinWherever=1
JoinInAir=1
JoinAtAirport=1

The session launches correctly and the role is assigned to the host player correctly. I am able to join as a different scenario role from another system as well. However, when I disconnect the second system from the session, the host P3D client crashes (CTD).

I am looking to automate our simulators to automatically host sessions and have clients join and disconnect from the host. I am unsure what could be causing the crashing. There does not seem to be too much information about these [Multiplayer] configuration options. I based my MPHost.cfg off of the default one included with the P3D v4 SDK. The same issue occurs using the default MPHost.cfg as well. I also found a list of P3D Application Settings which has them listed but no details given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dexton
dexton

Re: [Bug] v4.4 MP Host Crashes When a Player Disconnects

Post by dexton »

Bit of a bump - do any P3D development team members have information on how the [Multiplayer] configuration options work? There isn't hardly any documentation on it in the SDK. Just a bit of a guess but, maybe the crashing issue is related to P3D trying to read a value that isn't set in the configuration when a player disconnects from the host?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi dexton,

Does the host crash with the same setup when not using the multiplayer command line options?

Instead of using the -fxml switch, have you tried using the -mp switch to specify the scenario location?

Are you using shared cockpit or do you have avatar mode enabled on either machine? If so, it may be worth trying to disable them to see if there is a difference.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
dexton

Post by dexton »

Hi Clifton,

The host does not crash when not using multiplayer command line switches.

I should have specified - I had tried using -mp and -fxml for the host.

We are not using shared cockpit on any of the clients. Avatar mode was actually enabled (I think it is by default?). I will try to disable it and see what happens.

Thanks.
Last edited by dexton on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dexton

Post by dexton »

It also would seem like using -fxml:<scenario file> is a more desirable effect for the host as well as it launches directly into the session without any dialog screens. I have tried using both -mp and -fxml for the host and it's results in the same crash issue.