Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Unrecognized Device

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Razor 1945

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Unrecognized Device

Post by Razor 1945 »

Installation went fine but my Hotas Warthog is unrecognized in the device box. All drivers and firmware are up to date. In Prepar3d v3 the aircraft are full left turn and burners are to max with throttles full back. Tried very hard to get P3D to recognize my Hotas Warthog but no joy.

Same install and drivers work perfectly in P3d v2.5. I tried copying the Controls folder from P3D v2.5 into v3. Still not recognized. Any ideas would be welcome. Can't use P3D v3 until this issue is solved. Thanks for any help.
claudeduhavre

Re: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Unrecognized Device

Post by claudeduhavre »

soory have you last driver hotas 2015 ffd 1
Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

Thanks for the reply, I will check for a 2015 driver. I took the latest (I thought) off the Thrustmaster web page this morning. The current one for Windows 10 didn't help. Off to check.
claudeduhavre

Post by claudeduhavre »

I have not tested this driver as always being charged P3D v3
sorry
but if the HOTAS does not work, I'm bad!
Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

Checked for most recent driver and firmware. All up to date. Using Target as the interface. All woks fine in FSX Acc and P3d v2.5. Still Unrecognized Device in Prepar3D v3. Anyone have any ideas. I think I have tried everything I can think of.
wseben

Post by wseben »

yep same problem here
claudeduhavre

Post by claudeduhavre »

GA-Z97M-D3H
asus gtx760 dcoc 2 go driver 355.98
i5 4670k
ram 8 go
t fligt hotas X driver 2015 ffd 1
win 7 pro
no problems
Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

claudeduhavre, is your Hotas Warthog working in Prepar3D v3 with the new drivers. 2015 drivers don't seem to be available on the Thrustmaster website. Also the auto update tool says I have the latest firmware and drivers. I installed what was on the Thrustmaster support page today.

Do you have a link to the 2015 driver that appear to be working. Again I have no problem in Prepar3D v2.5. My Warthog has always worked in FSX and P3D 2.5 and below. Thanks for the interest and help. Glad to see I am not the only one with the issue.
claudeduhavre

Post by claudeduhavre »

Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

Thanks for the link, that confirms I have the most updated drivers and firmware. This site is where I got my updates this morning. Prepar3d v3 is non functional until I get my Warthog working.

It may sound like an oversimplification but if I could only get P3D v3 to recognize the Warthog I think all would work. That is the issue right now, getting P3D to recognize the Hotas Warthog. Thanks again for any help.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

I use Win 10, p3d V3 and no drivers, hotas warthog works OK...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

Jorge, are you using Thrustmaster TARGET at the interface? I found my problem is using TARGET to code the axis and buttons. When I shut down target, P3D recognizes the both the Throttle and Joystick individually. If TARGET is started the recognized device should say Thrustmaster Combined. The problem is apparently with TARGET.

If you don't use TARGET that helps to identify the problem.
i3dman420311

Post by i3dman420311 »

This is not just a warthog issue.

I have a warthog and it IS recognized fine, but my CH throttle quadrant, CH Yoke and CH Pedal all come up in the joystick panel saying - unknown devise or Control Managed ID #XX.

Having said that my warthog throttle and stick are listed fine in the controls menu.

I have been able to configure my CH devises but i had to go one by one to figure out what one was what.

I also tried coping over my controls from P3d 2.5 with out any success.
Razor 1945

Post by Razor 1945 »

i3dman420311, you have just help me identify the problem for me. When I use TARGET as an interface for coding the buttons on my Warthog the controller becomes Unrecognized Device. When I shut down TARGET both the Warthog Joystick and Warthog Throttle appear in the controller window. What I should see when using Thrustmaster TARGET as the interface is Thrustmaster Combined. This is what I see in FSX and P3D v2.5 and below. Things are different in P3D v3.

Any ideas of how to get Prepar3D v3 to recognize TARGET and the file xxxx.fcf which is the custom coding file, would be appreciated.
i3dman420311

Post by i3dman420311 »

glad i could help in some capacity, but i use FSUIPC to control all my joysticks axis and buttons, i remove all entries from the simulator.

I couldn't stand target and found this and i'm loving life.