Force feedback in Prepar3d V3?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
dalle182

Force feedback in Prepar3d V3?

Post by dalle182 »

Hello,

Simple question: where is the force feedback in V3?

The force feedback of my Logitech G940 worked seamlessly in V2.5. Now in V3 I can't find the force feedback tab in the controls menu and I have to unplug my joystick (from power, not usb). If I keep it plugged in it's unusable because it's at max force to keep it centered.

Thanks for your replies.
rampa60

Re: Force feedback in Prepar3d V3?

Post by rampa60 »

Same problem with an old Microsoft Force Feedback 2 + problems with the throttle.
dalle182

Post by dalle182 »

Let's hope, LM just forgot this feature and it's not intentional. I don't see why they would remove that, other by accident. We're not hurting anyone with the force(feedback)! :-)
DylanM

Post by DylanM »

Same issue with my G940 as well. Almost unusable because of the default return-to-center. I haven't loaded fsuipc or simconnect yet; will see if those make any difference...
DylanM

Post by DylanM »

Reloaded Win10 drivers and fsuipc - still no luck unfortunately.
gderreck

Post by gderreck »

If you don't mind me piping in...please look at FS Force at this address:
http://www.fs-force.com

This utility is far and away more effective than the default force feedback in FSX or P3D. It is not expensive, has been around forever, is still maintained and stable.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Unfortunately, at the moment Prepar3D v3 does not currently support force feedback, however XBox 360/One controller rumble is still supported.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
rampa60

Post by rampa60 »

the XBox 360/One controller is a toy, it is not exactly the same thing of a proper force feedback stick that gives the right feedback in the VFR flights.
dalle182

Post by dalle182 »

Hey Clifton,

Thank you for the reply. Can you tell us if there are plans to support it again in V3 at some point? Maybe in the next hotfix or V3.X?
DylanM

Post by DylanM »

Thanks Clifton. Disappointing, but hopefully this will be rectified in a future release (as Dalle182 alluded to).
vrdd

Post by vrdd »

Really disappointing. Hope, this was not intentional and FF will be included soon. Anyway, such things should be announced in a better way.
brians

Post by brians »

Would it be too much to ask if this is a permanent feature removal or just an oversight? I would think that LM could at least reveal that without compromising furture development plans......

Brian
Gent

Post by Gent »

http://www.fs-force.com/ Mentioned in an earlier post released a version compatible with V3 today. Tried it and it works actually better than the built in function that was deleted. Very reasonable in price. Solves the problem.
DylanM

Post by DylanM »

Just tried FS-Force as well. Works as advertised - thanks for the tip!
bunglist

Post by bunglist »

Clifton Crane wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately, at the moment Prepar3D v3 does not currently support force feedback, however XBox 360/One controller rumble is still supported.
Apologies bumping an old thread but there has been no staff reply to this that I can find anywhere.

My question: Has force feedback been permanently or temporarily removed? If temporary, will it be back soon or in the distant future?

Using my current stick, Prepar3d v3 is unusable as there is no force feedback but a strong centering spring force that cannot be disabled.

Other threads about this have all ended suggesting spending $35 for FS-Force to work around the problem which I'd like to avoid, since FFB is considered a standard feature - I cannot recall another current simulator that doesn't support it.