Screen black when start flying

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Kaandorp

Screen black when start flying

Post by Kaandorp »

Hello. I purchased this weekend P3D. When I want to start flying my screen turns black.
I tried everything I found on the internet/forums, with no result.
I have a nVidia FX3800 and according specs it should support DirectX 11. But when start flying I got: "This device (FX3800) does not appear to support DirectX11, and will attempt to use DirectX10. Some features will not work......."
Newest drivers installed (tried also older drivers) with no result. New install. Repair. Delete Dirs. Cleaned register. etc. etc. All with no result.

Any suggestions?

Marco
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Screen black when start flying

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Kaandorp,

Our minimum system requirements are located here https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/.

If your computer does not meet the system requirements we do allow a refund up to 60 days after a purchase. https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
AnkH

Re: Screen black when start flying

Post by AnkH »

The problem here is: your nVidia FX3800 is not a "gaming" GPU but a professional GPU intended to be used in workstations instead. Furthermore, the nVidia FX3800 is from 2009 )! almost 10 years old), a GPU from this time suitable for "gaming" would be the GTX-280. Waaaay to old and with 1GB VRAM waaaaay below specs (as you can see from the post of Kaandorp).

So, I would definitely go for a refund, especially because I fear that your other components will also be from 2009 and not fulfilling the minimal requirements or leading to acceptable performance...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home