Helicopter Sling Operations

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
petergulch

Helicopter Sling Operations

Post by petergulch »

Whenever I hook up to a ground object with the sling in P3D V2 or V3 as soon as I start the liftoff to haul the object, the object goes into an uncontrollable super spin and flings off into the distance where it crashes. I have tried different objects to haul but no matter what the object is, as soon as you start lifting off the object goes beserk. If I try just hovering with the sling and no object attached, the sling itself starts to oscillate wildly and becomes uncontrollable. Using the same conditions or objects in FSX works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Has anyone used the sling (not the hoist) in P3D successfully with any helicopter. Thanks for your help.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Helicopter Sling Operations

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We'll investigate this and get back to you.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Overall this behavior hasn't been changed. This can be a difficult task to perform in the sim, you may want to further configure sling parameters for the vehicle. More information on that can be found here http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/simul ... html#sling.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Sorry there was a mistake in my previous post. Changes to other systems did impact the sling's behavior but this was fixed in version 3.4.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead