Hey LM, It's 2023!!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jhaley101

Hey LM, It's 2023!!

Post by jhaley101 »

Just in case LM is unaware it is 2023.

Purchased a license for v6. Installed on a machine. Deactivated the license and uninstalled v6 from the old machine

Received a new computer, attempted to install v6 on the new machine. License is deactivated.

Somehow LM cannot comprehend how that could possibly happen. It's 2023, if you have a valid license and password, there should be some type of auto reactivation, like HUNDREDS of modern companies do today.

Not LM. There response is, "we'll get back to you in 2 business days". Weekends and stat holidays not included.

Cannot install, cannot use the product I paid for. I'll wait for the 2 LM employees who manage licensing to read my e-mail on Monday. Or is it one LM employee, I'm sure there are cannot be that many licences they're selling. Hope the employee doesn't call in sick.

Wait, here's a novel idea. I'll buy a new license and get a refund after the weekend, I have 14 days after all. No, why bother. Hello MSFS. Hey, you can install, delete re-install that sim as many times as you like.
JorgenSA

Re: Hey LM, It's 2023!!

Post by JorgenSA »

John, I kinda hate to ask the obvious, but did you send an email to:

licensing@prepar3d.com

describing the issue?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
jhaley101

Re: Hey LM, It's 2023!!

Post by jhaley101 »

NP Jorgen, thanks for replying.

I sent the email the same night I had the problem which was, of course, a Friday evening.

Monday, I received an e-mail that the license has been reset.

I haven't bothered to download or reinstall it.

I have all kinds of FS software, relicensing is not an issue. Where there have been issues, resetting is automated and is completed within minutes of an e-mail. Not LM, 2 business days.