Licence Limit Reset

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
camo

Licence Limit Reset

Post by camo »

Hi,

I recently suffereed an ssd failure and lost everything on that drive include p3d. When i tried to install p3d on a new drive I got an error 5013: No remaining activations warning. I have emailed the licensing email address to ask for my activation limit to be reset but I havent had a reply back in over 2 days. Would someone here be able to assist please?

Thank you
mpni

Re: Licence Limit Reset

Post by mpni »

Hi camo
There is no other way.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126726

1) Activation Error Codes
Frequently asked Questions.......
Error: No remaining activation's
If you need an additional activation, Please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated, along with your license ID and invoice number, and we will be happy to get you squared away in under two business days

Why can I no longer activate after I have reinstalled Prepar3D, updated software, updated hardware, or installed Prepar3D on a new machine? I am getting error 5013 when trying to install. What do I need to do ?

Depending on the license you have, it is likely that you have reached the limited number of activations for your specific license. While the licensing software does recognize that the installs are being done on the same computer, if enough of the computer’s information changes (operating system, external hardware, graphics cards, etc.), it will flag your setup as a different computer. If you need an additional activation, because of a hardware change or you are moving the license to a new computer, please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with your License ID and a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated. Your request will be fulfilled within two business days.

Regards
Michel
camo

Post by camo »

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the reply. I have emailed the licencing dept and told them what happened,

I guess it is just a waiting game now :)

Thanks
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Camo,

If your emails didn't bounce back, that means they have been received.

Processing your license should take two U.S. Business days - but it's Saturday now, so, as you say, it's a waiting game now.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
camo

Post by camo »

Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for your help. I had no bounce back but I also never recieved an automated email saying my email has been recieved. I've read in other posts that people did, unless the process has changed since then?

I originally sent my licence request on thursday evening uk time but that must of been right on the 2 US business days limit.

Regards
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You know, now that you mention it, I believe you should have received an automated reply. I have never emailed licensing myself, but I seem to remember that other have received such replies.

Make sure that this is the address you use:

licensing@prepar3d.com

Also check your email spam folder, the reply may have fallen in there.

Thursday evening UK time would be Thursday morning US time, so yes, that's 2 business days - but I recall that during the pandemic the processing time could take significantly longer.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
camo

Post by camo »

I have just sent the email again and this time I did get an automated email. Maybe I missed something in the email address on my last email.

Thanks again for your help :)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Apparently my memory is still (partly) OK.

But now it is Saturday morning in the U.S., so it may be until Wednesday our time that something happens.

Jorgen

mpni

Post by mpni »

LM
It seems that, when an email is send to licensing@prepar3d.com, an automated reply is sended.
Could you add this information in this page by Poppet?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126726
Regards
Michel