Paint Kit for P3D Default Vehicles

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
sandal66

Post by sandal66 »

I'd be interested to know if there is a paint kit to paint the default aircraft.

Thank you,
minime

Post by minime »

Well, its pretty easy... you can copy one of the existing textures of the aircraft and then paint them with any graphics program pretty much.
imagecrafting

Re:

Post by imagecrafting »

minime wrote:Well, its pretty easy... you can copy one of the existing textures of the aircraft and then paint them with any graphics program pretty much.
That's not what the OP requested. A paint kit contains layered (usually psd) files that allow you make nuanced and correct versions...

I would be interested in knowing if there are any paint kits available too.
fsafranek

Re: Paint Kit for P3D Default Vehicles

Post by fsafranek »

This appears to be an old question but since several of the included aircraft are from external developers you might be able to get paint kits from their own websites. I know this to be true for some of them. Visit http://prepar3d.com/vehicles/ for a list of the contributing developers and links to their websites.

You can also see if a repaint has already been made by visiting such sites as flightsim.com, simviation.com, avsim.com and search their file libraries for the specific aircraft.

Hope this helps.
Frank Safranek
Virtavia Paint Crew | Team SDB
Saul

Re: Paint Kit for P3D Default Vehicles

Post by Saul »

There are some freeware paint kits available and I will release 2 repaints with the layered photoshop .psd files so they can be used as kit. These will be uploaded to a freeware site for anyone to use or edit as they please to.

Mooney Barvo

Beachcraft Baron 58

I'll put the links once I've uploaded them.