P3d V5, device hung Error!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JorgenSA

Re: P3d V5, device hung Error!

Post by JorgenSA »

airbader wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 pm
Martyson wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:16 pm
airbader wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:21 pm Don't waste your time with the debugging steps, or spending hours and hours flying around in the default F35. The device hung errors are entirely on LM to solve.
@ airbader,

The General Debugging Steps / How to Post Issue Reports is authored by LM staff.

The initial text of the Debugging Steps mentions this:
“The following steps should be taken to help narrow down any issues and provide us with more information.”
None of that will do anything to fix DXGI errors.

And, programs like Simprotoolkit, ProjectFly, etc. have nothing to do with DXGI errors.
@airbader,

First, you have got to get your head around a fact - a DXGI error is an error in DirectX, here in DirectX 12. These are solved by, and in this order:

1. Microsoft, which provides DirectX 12, and still produces fixes for it, last in Windows 10 version 2004

2. nVidia and AMD, who produce the device drivers that makes DX12 write to your graphics card, and then

3. The application developer, writing to the device drivers.

Second, another fact you have to get your head around is that in troubleshooting everything - here meaning every single add-on - is suspect when it comes to errors of any kind. They have to be compatible with the base product - here P3D v. 5 - or things can go to hell in a hand-basket really quickly.

Compatibility is a term that apparently these days is being used a bit loosely.

You cannot ever automatically assume that because a product has been working forever in other versions of P3D, it is going to continue working in newer versions.

Therefore Vaughan is completely correct is asking whether those add-ons are v. 5 compatible.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Hello,

Like I said that I will redo the flight again. As I was on the ground loading fuel and with GSX doing its thing, Vram 4.2gb/5.1gb and as I Left and taken off went down to 3.4gb/5.1gb

With Projectfly, Acars and Simtoolprokit. This time however OBS wasn't open and I wasn't streaming. Once landed (good nice landing and see that scenery loading in faster when not streaming) Vram jump to 3.9gb/5.1gn as I GSX was activated

No errors, Well. No idea if the GPU drivers just crashed then it recovers then makes that error or what. I didn't get it this time like last night. I think that when the Drivers crashed the recover that's what made the p3d error come up.

I don't think it's used all Vram up as I always have 1gb free.

PS: Why Acars always tends to use around 30% of my GPU?? then it goes up and down. WHYYYYYYYYYY
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

"Projectfly, Acars and Simtoolprokit"

Are these 3 add-ons v. 5 compatible?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:05 pm "Projectfly, Acars and Simtoolprokit"

Are these 3 add-ons v. 5 compatible?

Jorgen
Running the new ProjectFly that has support/compatible for Prepar3D v4 and v5.
Acars hasn't changed but it users FSUIPC to connect and read all sims.
Running Simtoolprokit that does support/compatible Prepar3D v5 with version 6 of Simtoolprokit. Use simconnect or FSUIPC.

If you looked into yourself it will say. I always keep software updated. And we now those software reads off from simconnect or FSUIPC
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Good thing you are keeping the software updated, that is really important.

I take it that your FSUIPC then is v. 6?

Jorgen

EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm Good thing you are keeping the software updated, that is really important.

I take it that your FSUIPC then is v. 6?

Jorgen
Running FSUIPC 6.0.9
neilh1983

Post by neilh1983 »

I too had the same error on Sunday using P3D HF2, FSUIPC v6, Orbx and, identically, Aerosoft Airbus A320 Pro v1402. Flew EFHK to EGLL and error as I changed to an outside view 20 metres from stand C309. Vram was 4.3gb of 5.0gb at the moment of crash.
No error in event viewer at all which is really strange. I think DX12 and Nvidia (I have a GTX 1660 Super) are to blame. If I detune the card to stock base frequency, I find I don't get the issue. I think I forgot on Sunday.
What card do you have?
Neil Holloway
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

neilh1983 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm I too had the same error on Sunday using P3D HF2, FSUIPC v6, Orbx and, identically, Aerosoft Airbus A320 Pro v1402. Flew EFHK to EGLL and error as I changed to an outside view 20 metres from stand C309. Vram was 4.3gb of 5.0gb at the moment of crash.
No error in event viewer at all which is really strange. I think DX12 and Nvidia (I have a GTX 1660 Super) are to blame. If I detune the card to stock base frequency, I find I don't get the issue. I think I forgot on Sunday.
What card do you have?
" If I detune the card to stock base frequency"

That is an important point.

Changing / tweeking the Video cards frequency (overclocking, voltages etc) can cause problems not found in a standard installation of P3D / stock PC.

That type of information should be included in any trouble report / forum post.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
neilh1983

Post by neilh1983 »

Martyson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 pm
neilh1983 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm I too had the same error on Sunday using P3D HF2, FSUIPC v6, Orbx and, identically, Aerosoft Airbus A320 Pro v1402. Flew EFHK to EGLL and error as I changed to an outside view 20 metres from stand C309. Vram was 4.3gb of 5.0gb at the moment of crash.
What card do you have?
" If I detune the card to stock base frequency"

That is an important point.

Changing / tweeking the Video cards frequency (overclocking, voltages etc) can cause problems not found in a standard installation of P3D / stock PC.

That type of information should be included in any trouble report / forum post.
Indeed.

The 1660 Super comes clocked at 1785mhz but the 1660 base is 1530mhz.
If I use the app (might be the Aorus Engine one) to detune from 1785 to 1530 I don't get the hung error.

I'm keen to point out that this issue goes well beyond P3D and is vastly reported on nVidia for years so you have to wonder if tuned cards are worth it now.
Neil Holloway
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

My specs are in my sig, And so I use 1660TI. My card is OC but I haven't changed or played with any of the settings. I just let it do it normally.

Have you sen in the event viewer the drivers crashed then susscully recovered?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I have seen in various places that nVidia graphics cards that the OEM vendors have overclocked over the clock rates set by nVidia cause problems.

I do not know if this is a general problem, but in this case it seems it is.

Jorgen

neilh1983

Post by neilh1983 »

EmpireKicking wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm My specs are in my sig, And so I use 1660TI. My card is OC but I haven't changed or played with any of the settings. I just let it do it normally.

Have you sen in the event viewer the drivers crashed then susscully recovered?
Hadn't seen it, sorry.

You have a very similar card. If you are confident enough, download Aorus Engine or Afterburner and downtune to 1530 and repeat the flight.

Fyi, I have to downtune after each bootup of Windows.
Neil Holloway
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

neilh1983 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:28 pm it, sorry.

You have a very similar card. If you are confident enough, download Aorus Engine or Afterburner and downtune to 1530 and repeat the flight.

Fyi, I have to downtune after each bootup of Windows.
I already use Afterburner :)

I did the flight that I mentioned above and it went all smooth with no errors :) that's with OBS off and not streaming.

Like I said when I get the error twice on me (Monday) the event viewers say "driver has crashed and successfully recovered" even it did it on FSX and what it does makes the screen freeze but can still hear and move the cameras around even the screen is stuck.

But nothing about p3d errors. I have seen people with there 1080TI get this same damn error allot.
seczimm

Post by seczimm »

I think, all explanations of LM in case of this issue are bullshit. I have definitely no errors with all other applications on my PC - not in windows, not in Microsoft Flight Simulator (I use it since the alpha test phase and now even with VR), not in Half-Live Alyx and not in any other game or any other other application. DXDIAG shows no errors, all devices are working properly and fine, no errror in eventlog and, and, and...
The only one which has a problem with my NVIDIA Card is PREPAR3D. So what the hell is LM doing here? Of course I have done all recommendations from LM - Re-installing P3D from scratch (multiple!!!), actual device driver from NVIDIA, Re-Installing all Add-Ons (Active Sky, Cloud Art, FSLABS...) but still the same error.
Dear LM: always blaming others is no solution for us customers
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

seczimm wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 am I think, all explanations of LM in case of this issue are bullshit. I have definitely no errors with all other applications on my PC - not in windows, not in Microsoft Flight Simulator (I use it since the alpha test phase and now even with VR), not in Half-Live Alyx and not in any other game or any other other application. DXDIAG shows no errors, all devices are working properly and fine, no errror in eventlog and, and, and...
The only one which has a problem with my NVIDIA Card is PREPAR3D. So what the hell is LM doing here? Of course I have done all recommendations from LM - Re-installing P3D from scratch (multiple!!!), actual device driver from NVIDIA, Re-Installing all Add-Ons (Active Sky, Cloud Art, FSLABS...) but still the same error.
Dear LM: always blaming others is no solution for us customers
@ seczimm ,

Which P3D product are you using?

Did you have the error with the default P3D install without Add-ons : VR, Active Sky, Cloud Art, FSLABS etc?

note:
I do not have the error.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)