P3Dv5 Dynamic Lighting Issue with PBR aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ProfessorMadman

P3Dv5 Dynamic Lighting Issue with PBR aircraft

Post by ProfessorMadman »

Hi LM Team,

I have a support issue open with FlightBeam on their forums with respect to their DL effects in P3Dv5 not working as intended on PBR aircraft. Basically, DL is not illuminating my PBR aircraft in v5 when parked near a DL light source. The surrounding objects are illuminated successfully.

I did some testing and tried various options and found that DL is working in some P3Dv5 compatbible sceneries and not in others. Did LM change anything with respect to how DL effects are applied in v5?

Here is the thread for further information where you can see that DL is working fine at other non-FB airports and on non-PBR aircraft at FB airports but fine at other airports with PBR aircraft (FSDG Dakar & MK Studios EIDW).

https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewt ... =33&t=3752

The FB representative does not have this issue - we compared effect file date/time stamps and they are the same.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Regards,
Daniel
ProfessorMadman

Re: P3Dv5 Dynamic Lighting Issue with PBR aircraft

Post by ProfessorMadman »

Is nobody else having this issue?

Here is Imaginesim KATL with the same issue in P3Dv5...

PBR aircraft:

Non-PBR aircraft at the same gate:

And for comparison here is Simwings LEBL with the same settings where DL is working fine on PBR aircraft.

It seems to be specific to 3rd party add-on vendor effect files.

Daniel
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

confirm, this is the same for me...
I'm not sure if there is a relationship with the PBR, but for example with a fighter F-35A Lightning 2 , most often it doesn’t work, and with another stock the plane works OK(we get dynamic light reflections):

---
Cheers!
Vkupchyshyn

Post by Vkupchyshyn »

Hi,

I can report exactly the same issue with various simobjects and in various third party airports. Clean install, no shader mod, just installed 15 sceneries and PMDG 747 official installer.

I have also described my findings and attached photos to the post on Flightbeam forums linked above.

Kind regards,
Vladimir
Manuel1989

Post by Manuel1989 »

This is not a bug, LM have made a considerable update on the PBR. It's up to third-party developers to modify the effects of dynamic lights (FX file for P5D)
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

Yes, maybe this is not a bug, but why not do backward compatibility in some cases, otherwise you will have to edit the effects of hundreds of scenarios;(
Cheers!
micstatic

Post by micstatic »

this is a pretty annoying issue. I have had multiple airports where the DL is not working. Flightbeam MSP, DD JFK, Flytampa YUL/BOS. Obviously others. Seems like each side points the finger the other way?
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

dynamic light effects have been reworked in P3Dv5. All files from v4 need to be adjusted in v5. A simple port from v4 to v5 is not working in this case - we have the same problem with all AI Airplanes.
micstatic

Post by micstatic »

Kaiii3 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm dynamic light effects have been reworked in P3Dv5. All files from v4 need to be adjusted in v5. A simple port from v4 to v5 is not working in this case - we have the same problem with all AI Airplanes.
thanks for the reply. Why do so many of the scenery makers seem to not be aware of this? I feel like I've been on their respective forums and flightbeam is the only one who has made a definitive statement that they realize they will have to put out a patch for all their sceneries in order to fix this. Is it just so new that nobody knows this?
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Probably they didnt read the SDK changes (if they are even released). Also there were no planes with PBR out at the beginning of P3D. Im not sure if there are standard planes in P3D that have PBR. I think the F16 has it but probably they didnt even take planes to test since its something new entirely.
And then it depends on their scenery and if it has PBR materials that are hit by the dyn light. So its easy to miss in such cases i guess.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
captain112

Post by captain112 »

I'm experiencing the same issues. This is annoying. I can't fly at night because of this. AI planes and FSLabs A320, PMDG 747, 737 all appear black at night with no details at all. Surprised that 3 months later and the problem still hasn't been resolved, whether it be the 3rd party developer's responsibility or Lockheed Martin's.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

captain112 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:51 pm I'm experiencing the same issues. This is annoying. I can't fly at night because of this. AI planes and FSLabs A320, PMDG 747, 737 all appear black at night with no details at all. Surprised that 3 months later and the problem still hasn't been resolved, whether it be the 3rd party developer's responsibility or Lockheed Martin's.
@ captain112 ,

PMDG747 night screenshot.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
captain112

Post by captain112 »

Martyson, strange. Could you tell me what airport you're using from that screenshot?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ captain112 ,

The airport in the screenshots is KMSP (Flightbeam).

C-47 by Manfred Jahn

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Because they fixed it ^^
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive