Installed P3Dv4.5 on New HDD - No Lockheed Martin Folder

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
thosdcks89

Installed P3Dv4.5 on New HDD - No Lockheed Martin Folder

Post by thosdcks89 »

I recently uninstalled P3Dv4.5 from my SSD (only 250GB) C drive, because I was running out of space. So, I decided to uninstall and reinstall P3Dv4.5 on my Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, which is now my E drive. The installation went well, but during the installation, the system did not create the Lockheed Martin directory folder, and sub-folder, Prepar3D. In other words, the path - Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folders. I was expecting the system to create the appropriate file/directory structure, as it normally does on the C drive. My question is, can I create the appropriate necessary folders on my E drive and just move the files around?
Kayla Dillon

Re: Installed P3Dv4.5 on New HDD - No Lockheed Martin Folder

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Did you run the Setup_Prepar3D.exe and select your E: drive as the desired install location? If so, did the installer execute without error?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
thosdcks89

Post by thosdcks89 »

Hello Kayla,
Yes, I did run the Setup_Prepar3D.exe and selected my E: drive. Yes, the install went well. No errors. I launched P3d and enjoyed the ride. After I installed Process Lasso, I now get FPS in the high thirties and even higher at times. I encountered a problem just recently when I attempted to install HA Airport Graphics. The installer was looking for Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d, and since it was no where to be found, the install was aborted. I raised the question of creating folders for P3D, so I could probably install HD Airport Graphics. Maybe my thought process is wrong?
Natasha Rice

Post by Natasha Rice »

Hello,

Could you double check that the files to not exist on the C drive? Maybe something strange happened during instillation because these files should be generated on install.

Could you share the path you are following to find the Lockheed Martin folders? I just want to verify you are looking in the correct locations!

Thanks,
Natasha