update from v 4.4 to v 4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
philip29

update from v 4.4 to v 4.5

Post by philip29 »

I am not very pc savvy.
I had p3d v 4.4 academic installed and running ok. I wanted to update to the new version v4.5 and thought that I needed to uninstall v4.4 first, which I did.
Once I had downloaded v 4.5 it wouldn't run because it had multiple messages saying that each individual scenery file was missing.

I have attempted to reinstall v 4.4 in the hope that it would reinstall all the scenery files, following which I was hoping to try again with v 4.5. However, v4.4 is not listed as a download option on my account page.

All I want to do is get v 4.5 up and running.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated- as I say above, I am no expert on this.

Regards
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: update from v 4.4 to v 4.5

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Did you have any add-on sceneries installed? One thing to try is running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut. This is located in Prepar3D's installation directory.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
downscc

Re: update from v 4.4 to v 4.5

Post by downscc »

philip29 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm I am not very pc savvy.
I had p3d v 4.4 academic installed and running ok. I wanted to update to the new version v4.5 and thought that I needed to uninstall v4.4 first, which I did.
Once I had downloaded v 4.5 it wouldn't run because it had multiple messages saying that each individual scenery file was missing.

I have attempted to reinstall v 4.4 in the hope that it would reinstall all the scenery files, following which I was hoping to try again with v 4.5. However, v4.4 is not listed as a download option on my account page.

All I want to do is get v 4.5 up and running.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated- as I say above, I am no expert on this.

Regards
You didn't have to delete the entire P3D! Now that you have you will have to reinstall everything that is not installed via the recommended method using add-on.xml files. Those will be recognized by the new installation but stuff that used to the in scenery and terrain configuration files probably has to be reinstalled.

This is why LM has made it possible to only update client and content and leave the scenery alone. Try this next time.
Dan Downs
KCRP