Mixture randomly goes to cutoff

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bob34

Mixture randomly goes to cutoff

Post by bob34 »

I've been having this problem since 4.1. Flying along and suddenly the engines cut out.
Noticed the mixture level is all the way down at cutoff.
Wasn't so obvious when this was happening in the 717 and 777, but now flying the Carenado C206 and C208, I notice the reason the engines cutout is the mixture level is at cutoff.

Anyone else having this problem? I dont' have a mapping issues as I've removed all joystic levers away from Mixture.
I have the mapped to throttle, spoiler, and flaps.

This happens randomly and not at a specific time when I'm touching buttons or controls.
AS for P3D weather and vatsim on.
Martyson

Re: Mixture randomly goes to cutoff

Post by Martyson »

"I dont' have a mapping issues as I've removed all joystic levers away from Mixture."

Do you have Automixture enabled in P3D?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bob34

Post by bob34 »

Martyson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm "I dont' have a mapping issues as I've removed all joystic levers away from Mixture."

Automixture is not enabled. I've just ticked it to see if it happens with it on as well.
bob34

Post by bob34 »

Martyson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm "I dont' have a mapping issues as I've removed all joystic levers away from Mixture."

Automixture is enabled and it happened again tonight climbing out of CYVR in the PMDG 777.
Autopilot on, all engines stop - caution lights everywhere.

Hitting CTL-E actually restarts the engines - but this problem just shouldn't be.

Other software running - Aivlasoft EFB, AS P3D, vPilot
Hardware = Saitek Yoke, Saitek Pedals

This is mind boggling. Somethings randomly triggering the mixture to cutoff. While flying props, I can actually see the mixture handle go to cutoff. Strangely, there's a bump of turbulence when it happens. It might possibly be the autopilot kicking off but perhaps something else. I'm stumped.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bob34 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 am

Automixture is enabled and it happened again tonight climbing out of CYVR in the PMDG 777.
Autopilot on, all engines stop - caution lights everywhere.

Hitting CTL-E actually restarts the engines - but this problem just shouldn't be.

Other software running - Aivlasoft EFB, AS P3D, vPilot
Hardware = Saitek Yoke, Saitek Pedals

This is mind boggling. Somethings randomly triggering the mixture to cutoff. While flying props, I can actually see the mixture handle go to cutoff. Strangely, there's a bump of turbulence when it happens. It might possibly be the autopilot kicking off but perhaps something else. I'm stumped.
Test Automixture with default P3D aircraft.
Best Regards,
supercar1000

Post by supercar1000 »

Are you using JoinFS by any chance?
Keven Menard 
Creative Director, //42
bob34

Post by bob34 »

supercar1000 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 pm Are you using JoinFS by any chance?
No I'm not.

3rd party apps running while this happens:
- Aivlasoft EFB
- Active Sky P3D
- VPilot

Hardware:
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Pedals

Hardware Removed from Troubleshooting:
Flight Deck Solutions 737 FMC
VRInsight 737 Overhead
GoFlight TQ6-ADV

Can't seem to tackle this problem and I'm a pretty savvy troubleshooter.
There's nothing that can reproduce this issue. It's random or induced by something hands-off during the flight.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Test Automixture with default P3D aircraft.
Default scenery.
No Weather program or other Add-ons.
Just a simple flight.
Best Regards,
downscc

Post by downscc »

You said that the mixture switches move in the PMDG 777? I assume you mean the fuel cutoff switches. One of two things can be happening: Something is assigned to the P3D mixture control and is cutting it off, or the fuel cutoff switches are assigned via the PMDG Options menu and you have a possible duplication of assignments.

I always remove the default ctrl-E assignment for start engines..not used in advanced aircraft like the PMDG and can only get in the way.
Dan Downs
KCRP
bob34

Post by bob34 »

Martyson wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:14 am Test Automixture with default P3D aircraft.
Default scenery.
No Weather program or other Add-ons.
Just a simple flight.
Vaughan Thanks.. Noted. I'll set one up and see if it happens. It could take time as it's completely random.
Hopefully I can start isolating 3rd party apps.
downscc wrote: You said that the mixture switches move in the PMDG 777? I assume you mean the fuel cutoff switches. One of two things can be happening: Something is assigned to the P3D mixture control and is cutting it off, or the fuel cutoff switches are assigned via the PMDG Options menu and you have a possible duplication of assignments.

I always remove the default ctrl-E assignment for start engines..not used in advanced aircraft like the PMDG and can only get in the way.
The fuel cutoff switches aren't actually moving, but the engines are stopping. This happens in the TFDi 717, the Aerosoft CRJ, and the PMDG 777. Also - engine restarts are not achievable by procedure. CTL-E is the only way to get them back on and running. And I believe CTL-E opens up the mixture ... so it makes sense.
It doesn't happen in the PMDG 737 or 747.

The reason I suspect the mixture is because it also happens in the Carenado aircraft. There, I actually see the red mixture levers move to cutoff.

Gonna setup a long flight in the default Baron and see what happens.
Thanks for the responses so far...
johnbla

Post by johnbla »

Hi bob34
Did you find a fix for the mixture cutting the engine all the time?

Regards
John
bob34

Post by bob34 »

johnbla wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:22 am Hi bob34
Did you find a fix for the mixture cutting the engine all the time?

Regards
John
I think it's finally solved.
Vpilot is importing the Carenado models for model matching. There's something about these models in multi-player that causes this quick jump to cut-off and back on. I've had 5 successful flights now that I've excluded the Carenado models from being imported by Vpilot. I'll follow up in a couple of days.
dawgfan58

Post by dawgfan58 »

I was also having this problem on the carenado pc12. I have mixture mapped via fsuipc to a switch on my saitek x55 throttle. After removing this mapping this seems to have fix the mixture cutout issue I was having.