SLI in P3Dv4

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
DXR

SLI in P3Dv4

Post by DXR »

Im sorry if this subject exist but I coudnt find.
I have just quick question does p3dv4 works in SLI ? because I have
2x1080ti and I am getting only 30 fps sometimes less , if it works can
you tell me how, I have to do that, please . Did I setup something wrong or what else
FPS I have open max so I do knot know why it does not work :(

Specifications:
Motherdoard - Asus Maximus Formula VIII
Processor - Intel i7 6700k @4.5ghz oc
Graphics Card - MSI 1080TI Founders Edition SLI
Memory - G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz
Storage - Samsung V-Nand ssd 950 pro M.2 250GB
Samsung V-Nand ssd 850 EVO 500GB
Power Supply - Corsair RM 1000x
Case - Urban T81
Water Cooling system
TV Sony 49X8505B
Playing in resolution 4096x2160 60hz
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SLI in P3Dv4

Post by Rob McCarthy »

P3D v4 is compatible with SLI but performance is dependent on settings as well as add-ons. What is your framerate with SLI enabled vs. disabled? In some cases if you are CPU bound you may not see a large performance increase with SLI due to the additional overhead required to manage data across GPUs. You may need to tweak settings to reduce CPU work to notice a larger FPS increase with SLI enabled.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
DXR

Post by DXR »

I did SLI enabled vs. disabled . I can't really see different between enabled vs. disabled, average is 30 fps in cockpit on SLI and with SLI disabled, some times I think I was getting more FPS on single card then SLI.
can you tell me please what tweak settings do I need
or what should I do :(
I'm attaching pictures of my setup
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

A quick way to tell if you are GPU bound by pixel operations is to resize the app window to be very small. If the FPS goes up, then there is a good chance you are GPU bound and SLI might help. The other thing you can do to try and get GPU bound is max out shadow, dynamic reflection, and SSAA. This will hit the GPU much harder.

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
DXR

Post by DXR »

it did not change anything , and I'm wondering why two GPU do not work with max speed I mean that they are using only 60% of GPU. I thought that two 1080Ti give me very good performance in P3Dv4 but its not :( I set up everything as default and I have 45 FPS 32 FPS in EHAM Amsterdam
sometimes FPS going down
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

If you system and settings are not fully maxing out a single card, then you may be better off disabling SLI. This is because there is some extra work required to copy data back and forth between GPUs in order to support SLI.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
rhgrant1

Post by rhgrant1 »

DXR wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:23 pm it did not change anything , and I'm wondering why two GPU do not work with max speed I mean that they are using only 60% of GPU. I thought that two 1080Ti give me very good performance in P3Dv4 but its not :( I set up everything as default and I have 45 FPS 32 FPS in EHAM Amsterdam
sometimes FPS going down
Hi DXR.
I run 2x Asus GTX1080 in SLI mode over 3 x 27" screens.
Frame rates move between 35 to 60 depending on where I am . At a high intensity airport with bad weather I might drop to 25-30 but thats an exception.
Regards

Rob