PD3 V4 and FSUIPC

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jmig

PD3 V4 and FSUIPC

Post by jmig »

I am not sure if this is the correct forum? However, this is the most read forum and seems to be the most suitable place to post this question.

It is my understanding that PD3 V4 will not currently support FSUIPC. As a cockpit builder who uses a lot of Lua scripts and Macros this seems to me like two steps forward and one backwards. I assume that professional cockpit builders and flight schools are a large part of LM's PD3 market. Again I am assuming that many professional cockpit builders also use FSUIPC to integrate hardware switches, encoders, etc with the PD3 software. So, I wonder why no bit 64 version of FSUIPC?

Maybe Peter Dowson was approached and for reasons of his own, he decided that a 64 bit version was not in his best interests? If so, what are the alternatives? Is there something new in the wings that will replace FSUIPC? Surely, LM will not spend the R&D to develop a 64 bit version of PD3 and abandoned the cockpit builders and flight school market?

Does anyone know and can say something? If I will have to learn a new software program and move on from FSUIPC, I would like to know.

Thanks,

John
105OE

Re: PD3 V4 and FSUIPC

Post by 105OE »

FSUIC isn't only useful for cockpit builders (e.g. I'm not using any of its features) but AFSD needs FSUIPC to run.
FDE design without this tool is much more difficult and less precise.
My airplane art:
https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/bernt-stolle
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Same kind of discussion at avsim, a couple of posts confirm that Dawson will redo this for 64 bit (at first he wasn't going to). It won't be a free upgrade, as it will be FSUIPC version 5. No completion date given.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

For updates, consult the FSUIPC official support forum. The developer, Pete Dowson mentioned today that he has the 64 bit version of FSUIPC 5 running with P3d V4.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83388- ... ent=503251
jmig

Post by jmig »

"For updates, consult the FSUIPC official support forum. The developer, Pete Dowson mentioned today that he has the 64 bit version of FSUIPC 5 running with P3d V4."

I just read that. I consider it very good news. Thanks for the link.

John