Frame problem and texture quality

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gabrielgiacomino

Post by gabrielgiacomino »

Hi , i try to figure it out how to fix it, i have a I7 3820 and a gtx titan , when i put the fly tampa montreal and the airbus x im loosing fram at 10-15 fps but even my texture quality look really bad, theres something i can do to go better
gabrielgiacomino

And how come i only see 4 core used if i have 8 core
Zach Heylmun

Post by Zach Heylmun »

Hey Gemelli,

Without more info I don't really know where to point you on the texture quality. On the core usage side, you don't have an 8 core processor. You have a 4 core processor with 4 virtual cores. Prepar3D takes advantage of multi-core processors by offloading most of the paging work as well as the rendering update and a number of other processes to other cores. The types of tasks that are efficiently handled on background threads take full advantage of the physical resources available on the physical cores, so there is little if any gain in using both the virtual core and the physical core simultaneously. In fact, doing so often hurts performance because the two tasks being scheduled on the same core interrupt each other.
gabrielgiacomino

Hi Zack , i have Intel I7 3820 3,6ghz, the a Geforce GTX titan 6gb, 16 go of ram , a 1000W coolmaster , the motherboard i forgot but its a good one, I didnt tweak the cfg, im getting low fps around 15 and 20 when i put fly tampa montreal, or i put airbus x , and i have blurrie and the quality dont look good at all can u help me with this plz. i want to put pictures here about my P3d menu setting but not working
Saul

Post by Saul »

Why not lower you settings and you'll get better FSP.

My GPU 690 and that's faster than a Titan and I still need to lower the settings to get better FPS.

You can get great FPS no problems what so ever, all anyone needs to do is lower the settings and be careful of which addons are installed for now.

Airbus x has issues with P3Dv2. I have heard that Aerosoft is working on an update to fix this. It may even be out already.

Regards,

Saul.
torkermax

Post by torkermax »

Quote:
Quote from PinoyAir on December 14, 2013, 03:29

Why not lower you settings and you'll get better FSP.

My GPU 690 and that's faster than a Titan and I still need to lower the settings to get better FPS.

You can get great FPS no problems what so ever, all anyone needs to do is lower the settings and be careful of which addons are installed for now.

Airbus x has issues with P3Dv2. I have heard that Aerosoft is working on an update to fix this. It may even be out already.

Regards,

True , you can great frame rate performance but that still wont eliminated the stuttering/micro/jitteries.

Saul.

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Just a quck note on settings, since Saul brought it up. As a platform our goal is support the broadest range of visualization and simulation requirements as possible. Some of our training customers use nothing but cockpits while others don't use an aircraft model at all. Games tend to have a fixed set of content and a single use case so settings are tuned so that max setting run smoothly on current gen high end hardware on a single hd display. We have tons of use cases and most customers use add-on content so we don't do that.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect