Slow download speed

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Martyson

Re: Slow download speed

Post by Martyson »

mikestanley464 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:38 pm Actually, I experienced just the opposite. The entire 22 GB downloaded in 2 hours and it passed the MD5 checksum test the first time. With previous versions it would take me up to 4 hours to download 12GB and I had to repeat the download several times because the checksums didn't match. I don't know if it's something LM did with their download servers or something I did with my home network.
@ mikestanley464 ,

My P3D downloads (I have done many) take 15 minutes and I have never had a bad Checksum (using a download manager) yet.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Re: Slow download speed

Post by JorgenSA »

Of the 2, most likely your home network - in spite of me being so far away from the servers, I have not experienced a bad checksum or slow download for almost 2 years now.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.