[FIXED] Please dont forget to repair the ISimObject stuff in the SDK for the next version

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
minime

Post by minime »

As you are probably aware it is not possible to compile most of the ISimObject samples because there is the missing file:

ISimObjectAttachments.h

that you did not include with the SDK. So it would be great if you could fix that so we can experiment with ISimObject and the weapon capabilities.

I have the hope that it might be possible with ISimObject to create AI objects that really do what we want them to do. I do have two questions though:

1. How do I interact with my ISimObject through SimConnect? Lets say I want to instruct my SimObject to fire it's weapons or run an animation... how can I do that remotely?

2. Is it possible to just override behaviour I need overridden and keep the rest default? There is lots of documentation and code I read through, but I still do not get the big picture. For example, I do not want to change the default AI behaviour, so can I just not implement the AI interface and thus the default by IBaseObject will be used? Or am I forced to implement everything?

Thx!

Minime
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi minime,

We are aware of the issue ISimObjectAttachments.h and it will be remedied in v2. We will try and post it before releasing the patch.

1. The only way to interact with weapons through SimConnect would be by manipulating SimVars. The weapon related ones are included in the SDK Learning Center documentation.

2. You would be forced to implement everything if you want to use the weapon interfaces for ISimObjects. Subsystems, weapons, fire control, AI, can be inherited but not the basic logic of the object. I think the picture will be clearer when we post the ISimObjectAttachments.h file.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hello,

You can download the ISimObjectAttachments.h header file here: http://www.prepar3d.com/wp-content/uplo ... achments.h

It will be correctly included in the next release of the SDK.

Thank you,
minime

Post by minime »

Very cool thx, I really would like the day to have more than 24h so I can soak it all up faster.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hello,

The v2 SDK has been updated to include that file and the 'legacy' version of ISimObjectAttachments.h.

Thank you,
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from Adam Breed on January 7, 2014, 16:33

Hello,

The v2 SDK has been updated to include that file and the 'legacy' version of ISimObjectAttachments.h.

Thank you,

I just downloaded the SDK again, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the file is still NOT in the SDK.

Or did you mean you updated it locally on your development computer and it will be in there when you actually update the SDK on the website?
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi,

The updated SDK installer will be released alongside v2.1.