DXGI error on TopDown view P3D6.19

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
N7155N

DXGI error on TopDown view P3D6.19

Post by N7155N »

I am persistantly getting a DXGI_error_device_hung IMMEDIATELY on switching to top down view at any location.
Graphic drivers (AMD RX 6750XT 12GB , runtime libaries all checked and updated. AMD Adrenalin not installed.
Anything known releated to this and if, a work around available? Thanks
Frank

Code: Select all

https://ibb.co/K5Bc9t5
JorgenSA

Re: DXGI error on TopDown view P3D6.19

Post by JorgenSA »

Frank, welcome on board here.

To begin with, have a look at this page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=DXGI_er ... e&ie=UTF-8

If the error persists, then we will need the error information from Windows Event Viewer. If you need help in getting that, then just ask here.

I had a DXGI Hung error myself recently (this is on a nVidia card, though), and solved it by using the nVidia Control panel to adjust the card for a limited frame rate of about 50 and setting the card for maximum performance also. As somerthing indicated I could have a .NET Framework problem also, I ran Microsoft's .NET Framework repair tool, although that didn't find any errors. After a reboot, everything was fine.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
N7155N

Post by N7155N »

Thanks Jorgen. I did these steps earlier on with no success. Unfortunately, P3D6 freezes, leaving no entries in the eventviewer...
I guess it is an AMD issue and have files an erroreport with them as well without hope that they would be attending to it. Lesson learnt, stay with NVIDIA ;-)
Thanks for lhaving looked into it.
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

There have been several Radeon graphics driver up dates over the last few months. I was occasionally getting device hung graphics freezes, but no longer. I have adrenalin installed. I'm not sure how you would update graphics drivers with out it, but maybe it can be done.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
rawedition

Post by rawedition »

Yes installed adrenaline can resolve this error.