P3D v6 - Dawn and dusk very pink/purple

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
skybluerob

P3D v6 - Dawn and dusk very pink/purple

Post by skybluerob »

Hi,

When the sim goes to dawn or dusk, it seems very pink/purple.

Is this normal and the same for everyone? I would expect iot to be more orange. It looks like a sci fi landscape.

Thanks.

Rob.
agfreeman

Re: P3D v6 - Dawn and dusk very pink/purple

Post by agfreeman »

What version of 6 are you running?

When v6 came out, I found it unacceptable originally, as it was inaccurate for 90% of the sunrises / sunsets I see in my country.
The latest, 6.1 I find appears to have some improvements and is closer to v5, which I thought was perfect.

Some have mentioned tone mapping, although I haven't tried it yet personally.
skybluerob

Post by skybluerob »

Hi,

I'm using the latest version as only downloaded and installed it yesterday.

I thought I'd switched to playing No Man's Sky when I turned dusk on, it looks ridiculous as a 'standard' dusk, way too pink. At least I know it's not just me.

Dusk in v5.4 was fine, I hope they fix this over time.

Thanks.

Rob.
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

Tone mapping can help but doesn't get there. I find that reducing saturation during that time helps as well.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
skybluerob

Post by skybluerob »

Hi,

Thanks, yes I tried the tone mapping but didn't do anything to resolve the radioactive pinks.

I took the saturation down which made it less pink, but overall it was still pink like something off a Science Fiction film haha.

I'm actually quite shocked they released it with the dusks looking at ridiculous as that. It just needs to be more orange, not bright pink which, admittedly happens occasionally in real life, but more often than not it doesn't.
skybluerob

Post by skybluerob »

I've managed to get dusk looking more respectable, if I select dusk, I wind it back by about 0.50 and it looks ok, a nice orange. It should be wound back as the default setting in my view so the awful pink doesn't come up initially.

I also added some REX Skyforce textures which seems to have helped too. Overall it looks much better than V5 lighting wise. Although I turned off shadows as the cockpit was too dark. I turned off auto expose too as it was washing everything out.
agfreeman

Post by agfreeman »

I certainly agree with the autoexpose. Either outside is washed out or it's too dark inside. It doesn't replicate the dynamic range of the human eye very well.