Engine wants to quit about every minute; it happens to only default aircraft.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
PMJ

Engine wants to quit about every minute; it happens to only default aircraft.

Post by PMJ »

My second P3D v5.3 simulator with all Virtual Fly hardware using only default aircraft (piston type) wants to quit then starts up again with a puff of white smoke. This occurs about every minute or less whether on the ground of in the air. Full Tanks and adjusted mixture did not help.

My first simulator with all Logitech hardware does not have this problem.
Any suggestions.
Pat

P.S. Maybe there's water in the fuel???!!!
Martyson

Re: Engine wants to quit about every minute; it happens to only default aircraft.

Post by Martyson »

Hello ,PMJ
Pat

Verify you do not have any Failures enabled.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
PMJ

Re: Engine wants to quit about every minute; it happens to only default aircraft.

Post by PMJ »

PMJ wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 pm My second P3D v5.3 simulator with all Virtual Fly hardware using only default aircraft (piston type) wants to quit then starts up again with a puff of white smoke. This occurs about every minute or less whether on the ground or in the air. Full Tanks and adjusted mixture did not help.

My first simulator with all Logitech hardware does not have this problem.
Any suggestions.
Pat

P.S. Maybe there's water in the fuel???!!!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Verify you do not have any P3D Failures Armed.
Best Regards,
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

Vaughan, Thanks for you quick replay. The only item I found P3D v5.3 in "Realism" was Enable Auto-mixture. It was checked so I unchecked it. Then I compared it to my old v4.3, it was unchecked. Unfortunately, it did not work. The engine (piston) tries to quit (drop in rpm) then immediately starts up again with a puff of white smoke. Do you have any other area in P3D where I could look? It sounds like you put me on the right track, but because there are hundreds of options, I don't know where else to look in P3D. Also, I'm really not sure what I'm looking for.

This only occurs in default P3D aircraft; no effect on add-ons, they work fine.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Pat
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Pat,

Have a look :
P3D top menu
Vehicle
Failures
Best Regards,
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

Thank you for all your help, unfortunately, it required a full install of a new version P3D v5.4 (old v5.3) to clear up the problem--no more engine quitting.
Thanks, Pat