Does Prepar3D have DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation) Support?

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
page3d

Post by page3d »

Does Prepar3D have native support for DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation) messaging? Is there an addon for DIS?

I haven't found DIS discussion on Prepar3D or SDK tutorials. I have seen that Calytrix LVC Game might be a middleware solution for DIS/Prepar3D. Has anyone used it?

Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

--Dave

minime

Post by minime »

No it does not.

LVC Game IS an addon that does DIS and it IS for Prepar3d, so the answer to that is YES, an addon exists. No, I have not used it.

Implementing basic support for DIS is not a very complex task, so I imagine there shouldn't be any major problems.

Given some time, I can assure you that you will be able to connect Prepar3d to DIS, be it via LVC Game or integrated into Prepar3d.

Connecting to DIS is already on my personal TODO list, but it is still in the far future, because I don't need it now.

There also is OpenSource software libraries that you can use to connect Prepar3d to DIS, you can download those from the DIS website... of course only useful if you are a programmer.
sgrewar

Post by sgrewar »

There is some open source code for FSX that lets it speak HLA, if your products support that protocol: http://virtualair.sourceforge.net/msfsx.html