P3D stoppped opening.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mounty

P3D stoppped opening.

Post by mounty »

Hi,

Had P3D working fine for ages and then last night it wouldn't open. All I got was the screen asking if I wanted the programme to open. Then nothing. Tried repairing, opening from the main folder, resinstall and still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas what is wrong. I hadn't touched the computer since it last opened, no add ons or software downloads, nothing

Thanks

Rob
Martyson

Re: P3D stoppped opening.

Post by Martyson »

mounty wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm Hi,

Had P3D working fine for ages and then last night it wouldn't open. All I got was the screen asking if I wanted the programme to open. Then nothing. Tried repairing, opening from the main folder, resinstall and still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas what is wrong. I hadn't touched the computer since it last opened, no add ons or software downloads, nothing

Thanks

Rob
Rob,

You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
mounty

Post by mounty »

Hi,

I;ve done all the debugging actions and still get the same result. I uninstalled both P3D v4 and the PMDG NGX, cleared out all the addons and files related to such. Reinstalled P3D and started program by clicking on yes to the window that asked me if I wanted to run the programme and everything worked OK. Then I downloaded the PMDG 737 NGX for P3D and only got the run window which after clicking yes, nothing happened.

Rob
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

mounty wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:34 pm Hi,

I;ve done all the debugging actions and still get the same result. I uninstalled both P3D v4 and the PMDG NGX, cleared out all the addons and files related to such. Reinstalled P3D and started program by clicking on yes to the window that asked me if I wanted to run the programme and everything worked OK. Then I downloaded the PMDG 737 NGX for P3D and only got the run window which after clicking yes, nothing happened.

Rob
@ mounty ,

Have you asked the PMDG Support forum?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)