RealityXP Popup in Virtual Reality

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
pmb

RealityXP Popup in Virtual Reality

Post by pmb »

Hi,

did anyone try to get the RealityXP GTN 750 Popup to work in Virtual Reality? I use a WMR ACE AH101, Prepar3d4.5, VR as such works okay. The RealityXP Popup works as well in 2D, but in VR I run into the following issue:

I can press buttons, the map display works, and all such. However, the GPS is sitting directly in front of me blocking the view and I am unable to grip it using the mouse, even though the bezel is shown. I don't have any means to move or resize the gauge.

Any idea? Anyone has this working?

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
fly4fun369

Re: RealityXP Popup in Virtual Reality

Post by fly4fun369 »

Has nobody figured this out in a year?
BrianU

Post by BrianU »

I don’t have reality but do have f1gtn. Any window that pops up into vr can be manipulated in VR as shown below.
This works for me to move, resize, and angle the pop-up. It’s kind of a pain to hold down multiple keys and work the mouse but it does work

Brian

Instrument Panels

If an Instrument Panel is opened before entering Virtual Reality, it will be shown in the headset. An Instrument Panel can be opened by selecting the Vehicle menu item and choosing Instrument Panel. Note that not all vehicles have Instrument Panels.

Controls
Translate: LeftMouseDown + Shift
Rotate X Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + ScrollWheel
Rotate Y Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + '
Rotate Z Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + PlusKey
Uniform Scale: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Ctrl
Resize Panel: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Tab
NOTE: The Virtual Reality cursor must be hovering over the panel to move it.
cannow

Post by cannow »

Holger it moves fine sometimes the type of windshield gets in the way realglass I believe. Move out of plane repostion , I know scary when at FL20 with no parachute so best set before flight ,
corbu1

Post by corbu1 »

You can also add entries for the 3D world position of 2D-panels like the rxp GTN devices, so they appear at these positions in VR in the virtual cockpit. So it‘s not neccessary to position the panels via keyboard or mouse commands.
With this method you can place the panels according to the specific needs and space for the particular aircrafts you have installed the rxp GTN for.

Refer to the P3d learning center topic Panel Configuration Files-[windowxx]or [vcockpitxx] to get find the needed parameters to add to the panel.cfg of your aircrafts:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/LearningCenter.php

There have a look into the windows.xx chart.
The parameters you need are:
3dp_worldspace_pos_offset = defines the panel position in 3D in the cockpit
3dp_pbh_offset = defines the angles of panel position in 3D
3dp_size = defines the size of the panel in the 3D

I have placed my rxp gtn devices this way in the virtual cockpit in VR 3D and it works very well for me.....