Question: LOD bluriness and PhotoReal scenery - Resolved in v5.x?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Rogen

Post by Rogen »

Hi Folks and LM crew.

Long time flight simmer (started with Commodore64) and have been simming with P3D since v3 and currently running 4.5 hf3.

Subject says it all really...

Has the issue been addressed in the v5 release?

The below thread indicates LM crew as being aware of the issue and looking into methods to resolve, however that was back in 2017 and I know the issue is not resolved in v4.5.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125127

Will we ever have the crispy distance photoreal views FSX provided available in P3D?

I do want to consider updating, but the photreal issue is otherwise a bit of a deal breaker (plus there are now viable alterantives on the horizen).

I'll be happy to hear if the issue is fixed or is slated for fix release in v5.xx.

Cheers

TonyM
Alox

Re: Question: LOD bluriness and PhotoReal scenery - Resolved in v5.x?

Post by Alox »

Hi.

The problem still persist in version 5. Several customer have commented the same problem on this forum. Looks like LM does not seem to listen at all.

In the video attached you can better appreciate the problem from 0:21 to 0:22 and from 0:30 to 0:32.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erommr0tl7yh0 ... g.mp4?dl=0

Regards.
funknnasty

Post by funknnasty »

Rogen wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 am Hi Folks and LM crew.

Long time flight simmer (started with Commodore64) and have been simming with P3D since v3 and currently running 4.5 hf3.

Subject says it all really...

Has the issue been addressed in the v5 release?

The below thread indicates LM crew as being aware of the issue and looking into methods to resolve, however that was back in 2017 and I know the issue is not resolved in v4.5.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125127

Will we ever have the crispy distance photoreal views FSX provided available in P3D?

I do want to consider updating, but the photreal issue is otherwise a bit of a deal breaker (plus there are now viable alterantives on the horizen).

I'll be happy to hear if the issue is fixed or is slated for fix release in v5.xx.

Cheers

TonyM
Huh? I have zero blur issues, horizon to horizon, with version Ver. 4.5.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I have no blurs in v. 5.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.