Would be nice to have Prepar3D on Steam

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Hey all,

I want to suggest that Prepar3D be available on Steam.

You might say 'NO WAY BILL!!!!!!!!!'

But..................

Steam has a MASSIVE clientel, and can also manage 'addons' as well. The entire Prepar3D sim might become astronomically HUGE overnight.

Steam host several train simulators and tons of addons for these. Other games as well. They get advertising and are like a self managing service for handling your product line.

Its just a thought.

Bill

LHC
slayer616

Post by slayer616 »

I think the EULA prevents that. Not for entertainment or some such.
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

It would of course be sold as a 'flight training program', not a flying game.
BobbyHipperson

Post by BobbyHipperson »

Bill,

I respect your knowledge and expertise that I have read elsewhere in Flight Sim developement but, respectfully replying, I don't want the Steam Client on my machine. I like Prepar3d as a stand alone application on my machine without a 3rd party interface.

If Prepar3d does migrate to the Steam Client, then I'd like an option to download and run the application on my local machine without anyone phoning home for any reason.

I think you make a valid request. I'd just like the option to use this program the way it is presently delivered.

Regards,

BH
boleyd

Post by boleyd »

Lockheed is probably not desperate for cash from this product. Their audience is serious flight simulation customers. Steam is a gaming site directed to violent games with a few exceptions. That customer segment would cause a support nightmare for Lockheed.
Celis

Post by Celis »

i agree with lionheart, there are games or sim that are sold on steam and as stand alone. the most clients LM gets, the better and faster they can provide us with updates. more cash, more support, better and faster updates...

if Steam or Origin are the key for $$$$, im sure they already checked this option for future releases.

Alex

lionheart

Post by lionheart »

It was not my intention to suggest that it only be sold at Steam, only as an option. Alot of us really like Steam, though I rarely use it anymore, but tons of people are on it. I too like the simplicity of the pure installer from LM/P3, but was thinking of the TONS of others that would like to get into flight and learning to fly as well as the field of addons that Steam manages.