Mars......

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Perhaps one day, when the team has advanced P3 to its highest peak, then maybe they can consider making a version of Mars, the red planet.

I was looking at this screenshot by Tony Radmilovich and I was thinking how much it looked like Mars. I immediately thought of P3 converted to the red planet.

Just an idea. X-Plane has it, not the easiest to run, but what would be nice is a stand alone version, perfect gravity, atmosphere, etc, etc. How cool would that be...

Bill
rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy »

The size of the earth is hard-coded into P3D, as it was into the FS series. Also, gravity would be a bit different, as would atmosphere. The sim really isn't suited for modeling other planets.

Dick
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Roger that. Thanks for the input.

Here's a 'what if'. (Mind you I have absolutely no real knowledge of simulators). But.... What if one could take the core sim, and go in and set it up to be easily converted to other worlds.

For instance, when I built my first PFD and MFD gauges, I labeled everything. I then could go in and recreate a different (outside) PFD and MFD system set, changing scale and readouts, etc, etc. Having everything in the gauges made the package like a kit.

So, what if one could make a new version of P3, set it up to have gravity and atmosphere easily re-tuneable, the tiles of the world easily rescaled, etc, etc.

The hard part would be easily changing the world mesh (my own thoughts, again knowing nothing about how a sim works).

But, what if you could do Mars, Titan, the Moon, Europa, etc, etc. Imagine taking off in a VTOL rocket powered vehicle and landing/docking on one of Mars two moons and slowing cruising over the planet, looking down at it as you orbit the world.

jemr69

Post by jemr69 »

Lionheart, you read my mind!!!!

I agree with you. Currently some earth parameters are hard coded within P3D as Dick said, but that happens today. In the future the P3D architecture could evolve in such a way that you could define "Worlds", and each "World' could have their own scenery sets, and its own planetary parameters. Then in the "World" menu you may find an option "Go to World", select "Mars", and then you may select a location out there, or be positioned in the default "airport" for that "World".

Rocketry could be simulated too. The nearest thing I have in my collection is the wonderful X-15 by XtremePrototypes.