P3D v5

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Duane64

P3D v5

Post by Duane64 »

I want to know how to get my Saitek flight sim hardware to work in v5. Logitech or Saitek does not have a plugin for v5 as of yet. But what I wanted to know is that if the P3D v4 Plug-in will work on v5. Please let me know how you all get the hardware to work in v5. Thanks for your replies. Duane64. I have downloaded the new version of FSIPCU. Thanks again.
Martyson

Re: P3D v5

Post by Martyson »

Duane64 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:10 pm I want to know how to get my Saitek flight sim hardware to work in v5. Logitech or Saitek does not have a plugin for v5 as of yet. But what I wanted to know is that if the P3D v4 Plug-in will work on v5. Please let me know how you all get the hardware to work in v5. Thanks for your replies. Duane64. I have downloaded the new version of FSIPCU. Thanks again.
Which Saitek / Logitech flight sim hardware products are you using?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Duane64

Post by Duane64 »

The Saitek Hardware that I am using is as follows: Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi=Panel, and Radio Stack. All these work with the P3d v4 Plugin on V4.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Duane64 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 pm The Saitek Hardware that I am using is as follows: Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi=Panel, and Radio Stack. All these work with the P3d v4 Plugin on V4.
I have Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant (2 each quads) and all ok.
That work for me with and without FSUIPC in P3Dv5.

Have you checked with Logitech / Saitek Support for compatibility information e.g., will there be a driver and instructions in the near future for P3Dv5 (a newly released product)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
asustech

Post by asustech »

Duane64 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:10 pm I want to know how to get my Saitek flight sim hardware to work in v5. Logitech or Saitek does not have a plugin for v5 as of yet. But what I wanted to know is that if the P3D v4 Plug-in will work on v5. Please let me know how you all get the hardware to work in v5. Thanks for your replies. Duane64. I have downloaded the new version of FSIPCU. Thanks again.
Have you tried them all in V5?
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Yoke,pedals and quadrant set up in P3Dv5. Switch panel and so on you need to make a new EXE. Xml which goes in AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5 folder .... must read as folloes

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logitech Plugin for Prepar3D</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Prepar3D V4 Plugin\LogiPrepar3D.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

All the best and happy flying
Duane64

Post by Duane64 »

I read your post on my post but I still have a question. Which sub category does this info go in or do you just put it in the place where U told me to put it. AppData> Roaming>Lockheed Martin>Prepar3D v5. Then does it make it's own sub category. I ask this because I want to put it in there correctly. If I need to make a folder for the sub category what does the sub category need to be titled. If not and it will make it's own sub category then all is well. I have gotten with Logitech and they still do not have a plugin. There are 3 folders and 15 sub catagories in this folder in roaming on my computer. I hope U can make sense of this post. Thanks again for the info. But I will not attempt this till I get and answer post from you. Thanks J Richardson.
Duane64

Post by Duane64 »

Sorry I put all of that talk on this for this forum. But I did do this to get all the things that Uriah told me to put on there. All I did was I went to AppData> Roaming> Lockheed Martin>Prepar3Dv4 and then went to the exe.xml and copied that. Then went back to the same place for v5 and pasted the v4 exe.xml there. Now I have all that Uriah said that I needed to put in there. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure it all out. But thanks to Uriah for the info that he sent me. Thanks to all U that had to put up with this lengthy post. Thanks Again J Richardson.
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Yes what you did was ok, and if the copied xml does not contain any other instructions besides what I put in my post it will be good. Do your panels work now? They should.
asustech

Post by asustech »

I have the saitek , yolk, and radio and switch panels. I simply copied the exe files XML in to v5 add on folder and all the saitek works fine. This includes the saitek pedals. I had to set up the controls again in p3d v5 and now all is good.
Matty21

Post by Matty21 »

Will this work for the radio panel? I tried mine it work intermittently