P3D v5 installation

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
MagyarMatt

P3D v5 installation

Post by MagyarMatt »

Will version 5 be installed over version 4 and then be a case of waiting for addons to be compatible. Or will it be a total standalone installation with everything needing to be downloaded all over again as they become available for version 5?
Martyson

Re: P3D v5 installation

Post by Martyson »

MagyarMatt wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:06 am Will version 5 be installed over version 4 and then be a case of waiting for addons to be compatible. Or will it be a total standalone installation with everything needing to be downloaded all over again as they become available for version 5?
P3Dv5, Stand alone:
https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

P3Dv5 info:
https://www.prepar3d.com/home-slider/2020/04/115906/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Version 5 is be a completely new product and can be installed alongside version 4 without affecting your v4 installation. As far as add-on compatibility goes your best bet is to reach out to the specific developers and confirm with them. One of our goals we've always had is to ensure backwards compatibility as much as possible with our updates. We have worked extensively to ensure backwards compatibility has been maintained as much as possible in version 5.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MagyarMatt

Post by MagyarMatt »

Ok thanks for the information.
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

I thought if we had version 4.5, V5 was going to be a free update? Is that true? Or do we have to buy V5 now as well?

Thanks
Bluebird1
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

BlueBird1 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:02 pm I thought if we had version 4.5, V5 was going to be a free update? Is that true? Or do we have to buy V5 now as well?

Thanks
Bluebird1
P3Dv5 is a new purchase. Some infrmation here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/
Best Regards,
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

Thanks sir. I think I would have to see a more impressive video on the graphics before diving in on V5. Plus nervous about some of the payware being compatible.

Post by 3221807 »

Sadly with the lack of support I have received from Lockheed Martin (Still waiting for a response from 22 March post) I doubt if I would be upgrading to v5.
I have spent a fair amount of money on Orbx scenery and other software from various vendors only to have it ruined through LM not doing much regarding assisting a client.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It is up to L-M to fix problems with P3D.

But that is also where their responsibility ends.

It is up to the add-on manufacturers to make their product run on P3D. It is NOT an L-M problem if something does not run on P3D.

It is up to the add-on manufacturers to work with L-M to make their product according to the specifications required by P3D, and after that is is their responsibility to support their product so that the users actually can use it with P3D on the user's systems.

Welcome to the stark reality of tech support -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

3221807 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:00 pm Sadly with the lack of support I have received from Lockheed Martin (Still waiting for a response from 22 March post) I doubt if I would be upgrading to v5.
I have spent a fair amount of money on Orbx scenery and other software from various vendors only to have it ruined through LM not doing much regarding assisting a client.
"Sadly with the lack of support I have received from Lockheed Martin (Still waiting for a response from 22 March post) I doubt if I would be upgrading to v5."

Do you have a link to that post?

Note:
this topic is about installing P3Dv5
Best Regards,
regulate

Post by regulate »

Do we know the hard drive space requirements for installation of P3DV5?
Chris0875

Re: P3D v5 crashes

Post by Chris0875 »

I having this problem frequently in v5 simulator. When ever I fly to New destination in long haul flight, after 6 hours my flight simulator just shuts down without any warning ⚠️ I have re-open my flight simulator again and re do the flight then it will work without any crashing. It happens to all the new destination im doing, you know why this is happening? Thank you for taking time to read this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you