Problem updating Content, Cont2.cab invalid digital signature

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
FabioMagnoni

Problem updating Content, Cont2.cab invalid digital signature

Post by FabioMagnoni »

I'm updating my P3D v4.4 to v.4.5.

Downloaded the full install .zip, when unziping the Cont2.cab, Scene4 and Scene5 where corrupt, so I went back and downloaded them separately.

Updated the Client, no issues
Updating the Content. I'm getting this message:

"A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file: cont2.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.

I already downloaded it 3 times, so seems the file in the LM server is corrupted, could you please re upload this files?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Problem updating Content, Cont2.cab invalid digital signature

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello FabioMagnoni,

Have you tried checking the md5 checksums to ensure they match those listed on our downloads page? You can review this post for more detailed information on downloading/checking the checksums:

www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

Make sure you are running the installer as an administrator. If you verify that the download worked properly and the install isn't working you should follow this guide:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126570

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
FabioMagnoni

Post by FabioMagnoni »

Checked MD5, they don't match.

I downloaded now using JDownloader, inserted MD5 from the site, I get the status:

Download failed: An error occured! (prepar3d.com) [MD5] CRC FAILED

Looks like the problem is in the file uploaded to the server.

Imagine if every site tells the customer "oh you should check the MD5 etc" it's something to be super simple, click -> download -> install fine...
MarcoAndrF

Post by MarcoAndrF »

I am having the same issue with this at the moment, does anyone know the fix?

I have downloaded numerous of times, different browsers, different download managers with all the security off. This is constanly occuring.

Help ? please ?
Johnwag

Post by Johnwag »

I’ve just had the same problem of invalid digital signature etc whilst trying to install update to content (v4.5)
I found what the issue was in my situation and got the installation to work properly. This is what my problem was - perhaps a lack of knowledge of basic computer skills....

I downloaded the three content files. They went into my Downloads folder. But, because that folder still contained the original three contents files, these updated files were named install Content(1), cont1(1) and cont2(1). When I right-clicked the install file, it came up with the invalid digital signature error.

I tried three different downloads with different browsers and download managers but same problem each time.

Until,... I copied the three files to a different folder (Desktop) that did not have the original content files in it and I renamed the files to remove the (1) from them and tried again. This time the installation worked fine.

Perhaps a very basic mistake on my part but I’m still learning about computers....

I post this in case it might help someone who is making the same mistake I made.

John
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Johnwag wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:51 am I’ve just had the same problem of invalid digital signature etc whilst trying to install update to content (v4.5)
I found what the issue was in my situation and got the installation to work properly. This is what my problem was - perhaps a lack of knowledge of basic computer skills....

I downloaded the three content files. They went into my Downloads folder. But, because that folder still contained the original three contents files, these updated files were named install Content(1), cont1(1) and cont2(1). When I right-clicked the install file, it came up with the invalid digital signature error.

I tried three different downloads with different browsers and download managers but same problem each time.

Until,... I copied the three files to a different folder (Desktop) that did not have the original content files in it and I renamed the files to remove the (1) from them and tried again. This time the installation worked fine.

Perhaps a very basic mistake on my part but I’m still learning about computers....

I post this in case it might help someone who is making the same mistake I made.

John
John,
Were you following this procedure (read all of it. It contains more that one install procedure):?
viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120676
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

Johnwag wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:51 am Until,... I copied the three files to a different folder (Desktop) that did not have the original content files in it and I renamed the files to remove the (1) from them and tried again. This time the installation worked fine.

John
Hi John, you learned a piece of basic knowledge. When an installer package includes .cab files, then the installer and all the .cab files need to be in the same uncompressed folder for the installer to be able to extract data from the cab files. The cab file is just a compressed 'cabinet' used by installers.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Johnwag

Post by Johnwag »

Thanks guys for your responses.

I was referring to the procedure to update the components as per viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

I was downloading the three updated content files so that they were in the same folder - I believe my mistake was that the original version of the three files (from when I first installed P3D) were also in that same folder.

Regards
John