HLA

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
anand

HLA

Post by anand »

Hi ,

I was trying to use HLA for distributed network simulation.

I did follow the steps described in below link :

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... ngASession

1) I run the rtinode.exe on a seperate machine.
2) I used 2 more machines for prepar3D . They were able to connect to rtinode application.
3) I filled siteId 0 , entityId 0 , applicationId 0 for one machine and siteId 1 , entityId 1 , applicationId 1
4) FederationExecutionName I filled with test in both machine
5) FederateName I filled with anand for one machine and captainAmerica for another machine
6) I added full path for RPRFOM2FilePath in both machines.

Still I was not able to see two aircraft in simulation .

Is it desirable result of HLA ? In DIS I was able see two aircraft in simulation.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: HLA

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi anand,

Can you try using site/app/entity id's other than zero? For example 1/1/1 on one machine and 2/2/2 on the other.

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
anand

Post by anand »

I tried that too still nothing happened . I thing is there when i converted OpenRti make file project to sln project using CMAKE , it generated a lot of exes in bin folder . So , Do i need to run only rtinode.exe or I need to run few others too ?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

RTINode.exe is the only one you need to run. Did you pass in the command line arguments to RTINode.exe?

Also, do you have the IP/port set correctly for LocalParameters?
Clifton Crane
anand

Post by anand »

I passed -i 0.0.0.0 as parameter in rtinode.exe . I gave ip of machine running rtinode.exe in DIS interface of P3D and port we used 14321. Is there some other place where i need to set ip and port ?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi anand,

The DIS and HLA interfaces have two separate UI's. You'll want to enter the correct IP/port combination in the HLA LocalParamters setting. This setting is located under HLA > Connection. Here is an example that is specific to OpenRTI:

"rti://127.0.0.1:14321"

The above example is IP address 127.0.0.01 and port 14321. You would enter this without quotes in the LocalParameters setting.

Hope this helps!
Clifton Crane
anand

Post by anand »

I did same and it gets connected too but I can't see two aircraft in simulation.