Prepar3d v4.5 and 3 monitors

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
barrykensett

Re: Prepar3d v4.5 and 3 monitors

Post by barrykensett »

If you take pictures from back of cockpit with side screens they don’t look as good as when you are sitting in; this is because you are looking along the side screens rather than direct on as when your head is in the right place.The best picture I notice on my website is under Display, phase 6.
Couple of other tricks relating to bezels; my front screens overlap at the centre so you see only one bezel width. Similarly my side screens overlap the front screen, not butted up. In previous setups I have found silver tape disguises bezels, must get some more for mine. It reflects sky colours a bit.
Barry
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

I don't know how to do camera.cfg
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

In cameras.cfg change the following settings in Camera 1
SnapPbhadjust from ordinal to swivel
SnapPbhreturn from true to false
PanPbhadjust from ordinal to swivel
PanPbhreturn from true to false

You can then use shift plus arrows or shift plus +or- to get fine adjustment of pan and zoom to get spot on alignment.
Barry
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

thanks Barry... I will give that a shot tonight when I get home... :)

Respectfully,
Bluebird1 (Bill)
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

I was looking for cameras.cfg but don't see it....
Wolfi100

Post by Wolfi100 »

Hi,
I am new here having installed my P3D v4 since 2 months after giving up FSX. I also run it with 4 monitors. 3 in sourround mode (NVIDIA), 1 for the instruments. I did it like in FSX. Just stretching the main window from left above to right down. For the intrument panel i open new window shifting it to the fourth monitor.
The problem what I have is, that the scenery (P3D standard or addon does not matter) on the connected monitors (sourround) is not as sharp as when shown on the single monitor. I tried a lot of settings in P3D (solution 5760x1080x32 in any case), but there always is a difference in quality between the connected 24" monitors and the 27" single monitor. I also tried to adapt the settings of the monitors themselfs. Also NVIDIA settings seem to be similar for the monitors.
Graca is RTX 2080 11GB
Did anybody have similar experiences or isome deas?
Thanks
Wolfgang