Environment sound is completely gone!

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Phillip2

Environment sound is completely gone!

Post by Phillip2 »

My Environment sound is completely gone in my P3Dv4.5/Win10! Have had it up to 100% and the other sliders down to 50%. No AI sound, thunder or anything whatsoever! - Any idea?!!
Phillip
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX2080 Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.3 ASP/ASCA ProATC/X UTLive
Martyson

Re: Environment sound is completely gone!

Post by Martyson »

Phillip2 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 am My Environment sound is completely gone in my P3Dv4.5/Win10! Have had it up to 100% and the other sliders down to 50%. No AI sound, thunder or anything whatsoever! - Any idea?!!
Maybe the sound is being routed to your Headset which is not On or Muted (not speakers).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Hej Maryson

Thanks indeed for your answer. Maybe you got a point there...
As it is I don't have ordinary loudspeakers plugged in.
I have 2 situations:

A. Steelseries wireless earphones connected via USB
B. When not using earphones I have a digital connection to an amplifier with connected loudspeakers

I'm using Windows 10 now. However previously I have had the exact same configuration with Win 7 without any problems getting sound data from the Environment channel.
So why should this be a problem in win 10 all of a sudden? And how would I overcome this silly problem in win 10?
Phillip
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX2080 Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.3 ASP/ASCA ProATC/X UTLive
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Phillip2 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:45 pm Hej Maryson

Thanks indeed for your answer. Maybe you got a point there...
As it is I don't have ordinary loudspeakers plugged in.
I have 2 situations:

A. Steelseries wireless earphones connected via USB
B. When not using earphones I have a digital connection to an amplifier with connected loudspeakers

I'm using Windows 10 now. However previously I have had the exact same configuration with Win 7 without any problems getting sound data from the Environment channel.
So why should this be a problem in win 10 all of a sudden? And how would I overcome this silly problem in win 10?
You are welcome.

Your original post did not mention a setup without speakers / a custom setup.
I would say to first just install standard speakers and verify all is ok.

Then, setup your add-ons one at a time.
Best Regards,
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Well, this time I cut down my own engines and found that AI sounds are actually there but very low. Way too low considering the Environment slider is all the way up to 100%!

Tried different speaker configurations
Tried default AI sound ( SOUND_LOD=1)
Tried my usual third party AI sound ( SOUND_LOD=0)

All the same for every attempt, Environment sound way too low. All since the 2 latest P3Dv4 updates.

Cheers,
Phillip
Phillip
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

As this place is supposed to be a Support forum for P3D, I would appreciate some help here from the devs themself please!
From what I recently learned from other devs is that I am not alone with these sound issues in P3Dv4x.
Phillip
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Try all the different sound outlets you have on the computer.

For instance, on my setup, I can have sound either from an outlet on the motherboard (Asus Z170-A), or from my monitor, which is connected to the graphics card (nVidia GTX 960) using a HDMI cable.

I get sound from P3D both ways, including sound from AI aircraft, but it sounds much better with the motherboard outlet, so that is where my cabled speakers (Bose) are connected.

So there is no sound issue in P3D, and consequently, you are not going to hear anything from the developers on this. What you have here is problem with your particular setup, either with your hardware or your sound settings in Prepar3D.cfg (or elsewhere). BTW, I am using Win 10 also, and have been for a long time, so forget about a Win 10 issue.

So, where to go from here? I would suggest that you start with a very simple cabled sound connection - to a headset or speakers as available - and then play around with the various sound settings you have, until you get the settings you like best. Then - but only then - start setting up the more complicated wireless sound system.

The rule here is to keep it simple, and add only one variable at the time. This is a Golden Rule™ in tech support, and yes, I have sinned against that rule, both professionally and here at home many more times than I like to think about.

I should mention also, that in order to hear sound from an AI aircraft, I have to be pretty close to it.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Phillip2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:39 am As this place is supposed to be a Support forum for P3D, I would appreciate some help here from the devs themself please!
From what I recently learned from other devs is that I am not alone with these sound issues in P3Dv4x.

Which other devs did you get information from?
What did they tell you?

I would like to do a test to see if I can duplicate the sound problem you are reporting.
Give me the steps to set up a test.

A few questions:
Are you using a default or custom PC / sound setup (speakers/Sound Blaster card etc.)?
If using AI aircraft is it the default P3D AI for your tests?
Are you using 3rd party AI and AI sound software (custom setup) for all your tests?
Are you testing with default P3D aircraft?
List your system specs.
List your Add-on software.
Is your PC a home built PC or a user upgraded PC?
Have you tried the General Debugging steps?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Are you still having sound problems?
Are you using a custom sound system setup?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Phillip2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:39 am As this place is supposed to be a Support forum for P3D, I would appreciate some help here from the devs themself please!
Is your problem related to your post in this topic from September 2019?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=30
Best Regards,