Lockeed Martin what did you do with version 4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
ducaud

Re: Lockeed Martin what did you do with version 4.5

Post by ducaud »

CplDaniel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm
ducaud wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm This is a video of the issue I am experiencing.
This is at UK2000 EGKK.
The frames are smooth as long as I am facing away from the terminal. As soon as the terminal comes into view the stuttering is unbelievable.

https://youtu.be/JHEFmQr5GzQ

Juan
In system BIOS on startup, check to confirm XMP is enabled on your RAM settings in BIOS. If it's enabled, great. If not enabled, then turn on XMP in bios and that should fix what you describe
Thanks Daniel, you were right, My XMP was disabled, I enabled it, and even though it did not cure the issue it improved it some. Thanks for the tip

Regards,

Juan
ducaud

Post by ducaud »

downscc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:25 pm
ducaud wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm This is a video of the issue I am experiencing.
This is at UK2000 EGKK.
The frames are smooth as long as I am facing away from the terminal. As soon as the terminal comes into view the stuttering is unbelievable.
Juan
I'm not watching your video, but I have noticed that with UK2000 airports I must decrease shadow settings to mid-range to avoid excessive long frames.
Thanks Dan,
I have my shadow option set at low quality already, and my aircraft as only casting and receiving shadows.
Regards
Juan
downscc

Post by downscc »

ducaud wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm Thanks Dan,
I have my shadow option set at low quality already, and my aircraft as only casting and receiving shadows.
Regards
Juan
I misspoke and should have said turn down the dynamic reflections.... this is the setting that caused problems with UK2000 but no where else. Sorry, I had to load P3D and look since my memory can be useless at times.
Dan Downs
KCRP