Running out of SSD space

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
gerry

Running out of SSD space

Post by gerry »

I have P3DV4.5 Installed on my C/Drive and i am running out of space rapidly with addons etc, when i first installed the sim i wanted to install on my D/ Drive as i have lots of space on that but the application wouldn't let me, it always installed on c/ is their any solution to this i doubt i can move the sim to my d/ drive as i read this is not possible on some forum somewhere,any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Gerry
downscc

Re: Running out of SSD space

Post by downscc »

P3D can be installed on any drive. It must be uninstalled from your C: drive first and then when you want to install on D: be sure to click on the options button on the lower left of the installer window before proceeding, which is how you change the installation path. You cannot move it, it must be uninstalled and re installed, along with all of your addons that do not comply with the SDK procedures for addons.

There are other ways you can save space on your system drive. My P3D is on C: but all addons are on D:, also all installers that I have downloaded for flight simulation are on D: instead of the default Windows Download folders.
Dan Downs
KCRP
gerry

Re: Running out of SSD space

Post by gerry »

Many thanks for your reply, i tried and clicked the options to install on my D/ Drive when i first purchased the sim but it always installed on c/drive no matter how many times i tried so in the end i just installed it on c/.

Many thanks for your advice much appreciated.

Gerry.