Previous Version of V4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Tamba765

Previous Version of V4.5

Post by Tamba765 »

I'm unable to get the new hotfix version of V4.5 to work properly. I foolishly deleted the files for the previous version of 4.5 in the process. Is there a way to get this version from this site? I can't seem to find it anywhere including the legacy versions. I'd like to go back to the last 4.5 version. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Previous Version of V4.5

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Pete,

What issues are you having with the hotfix? This update replaces the initial 4.5 release and can be installed just like any other update (client only, full install, etc.)

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Tamba765

Post by Tamba765 »

After installing the hotfix, the P3D start up screen appears, but then disappears when it first starts to load the scenery. The splash screen with the options doesn't show up. The task manager says the program is still running, but it's not visible on the monitor. The previous version worked fine, and I haven't installed any addons that weren't there before. Someone on AVSIM is talking about removing files which I don't feel I should have to do to get this version to work. Several users are reporting the same issue. The strange thing is that sometimes P3D will start normally, but if I shut it down and try again, it won't start. I installed the only client the first time, and then I did an uninstall and complete reinstall. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Pete,

Do the suggestions in this post help?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=133628

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Tamba765

Post by Tamba765 »

No, I tried all that stuff. Still having the same problem.
Pete Locascio